Windows 10: How to prevent creating local users

Discus and support How to prevent creating local users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Therio07, Dec 20, 2020.

1. How to prevent creating local users

I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new local account... Some thing that are done, child is on standart account NOT admin, still can create a new local acc and even make that account admin...

submitted by /u/Therio07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Therio07, Dec 20, 2020

2. Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 20, 2020
  4. How to prevent creating local users

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent creating local users

1. How to prevent creating local users - Similar Threads - prevent creating local

2. How to create local MS User Account using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create local MS User Account using powershell: I know how to create or enable local account with MS Account using Settings UII know how to create local account with PowerShell or NET USER commandBUTIs there ANY WAY to create local, cloud enabled account Local Account binded to MS Account using PowerShell...
  3. How to create local MS User Account using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create local MS User Account using powershell: I know how to create or enable local account with MS Account using Settings UII know how to create local account with PowerShell or NET USER commandBUTIs there ANY WAY to create local, cloud enabled account Local Account binded to MS Account using PowerShell...
  4. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  5. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  6. how to I restrict permissions to create local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to I restrict permissions to create local users: I am trying to make it so I can no longer make new user profiles while retaining the rest of my admin privileges can anyone help me? submitted by /u/GZero006 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k04c9z/how_to_i_restrict_permissions_to_create_local/
  7. Powershell Create local users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Powershell Create local users?: Hello everyone, does anybody know why it's not working? # * TITLE: Part Task 1 # Version: 1.0 # Author: xxxxx # Date: 03 April 2020 b]# Description: Read out and output an Excel file[/b] b]# Restrict programming mode (MUST-HAVE at the TBZ!)[/b] set-psdebug...
  8. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  9. how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles): Hello I have a problem creating the mandatory profile with windows 10 version creators update, with past versions i was taking the hidden file (ntuser.dat) by putting it in regedit and editing it (change user name with% username%) just by doing this Procedure once i...
  10. How can I create an unchangeable local user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I create an unchangeable local user profile: Hi, I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro X64. This is a stand alone computer i.e. it is not in a Domain. I'd like to create an unchangeable local user profile for guest users so that every kind of changes they make will be lost at logoff included created folders and files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent user from creating account on windows10