Windows 10: How to prevent downloads of Windows Updates during active hours

Discus and support How to prevent downloads of Windows Updates during active hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop spontaneously and without my permission downloaded a Windows Update while I was playing an online game. Needless to say, everyone was killed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Holly1Ward, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to prevent downloads of Windows Updates during active hours

My laptop spontaneously and without my permission downloaded a Windows Update while I was playing an online game. Needless to say, everyone was killed. I see how to prevent restarting during the hours specified as "active", but how to prevent it from doing downloads in the background and using all my bandwidth?

:)

Holly1Ward, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

New CU for Anniversary Update. Brings system to 14393.726

KB 3216755 (January 26)

Pretty important update. Brings lots of fixes and installs without issues.

Download:

x64 [1.02 GB]

x86 [562 MB]

Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
    • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
    • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
    • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
    • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
    • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
    • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
    • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
    • Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications
    • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
    • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
    • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio

Drone, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 automatic download of updates

Thank you for the clarification, Curtis. As another option, we suggest that you get the updates when you're away from the computer with active hours. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update ,
      then select Change active hours.

• Choose the start time and end time for active hours, and then select Save.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Oct 30, 2018
  4. How to prevent downloads of Windows Updates during active hours

Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent downloads of Windows Updates during active hours

1. How to prevent downloads of Windows Updates during active hours - Similar Threads - prevent downloads Updates

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours: Sometimes I notice that my Edge browser is very slow to respond. It is very annoying when I am trying to getthings done. An hour or so later I get a message from Windows Update that my device will restart outside of active hours. Is there any way to postpone Windows downloads...
  6. Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours: Sometimes I notice that my Edge browser is very slow to respond. It is very annoying when I am trying to getthings done. An hour or so later I get a message from Windows Update that my device will restart outside of active hours. Is there any way to postpone Windows downloads...
  7. Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours

8. Prevent Windows 10 Home from downloading and applying updates during active hours

Prevent Windows 10 Home from downloading and applying updates during active hours: Hi, I'm looking for a way to prevent MS Windows 10 Home from downloading and applying updates during the active hours. On my computer, the active hourse are set from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., which stops Windows from automatic reboots. However, Windows still downloaded and, as I...
  9. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957
  10. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows downloads updates during active hours