Windows 10: How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer?

Discus and support How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I open windows explorer another window opens just showing the list of files. What feature of Windows is this called? And how can I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/000trident, Mar 7, 2021.

1. How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer?

Hi,

Whenever I open windows explorer another window opens just showing the list of files.
    What feature of Windows is this called? And how can I turn it off?

screenshot

submitted by /u/000trident
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/000trident, Mar 7, 2021

2. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 7, 2021
  3. JCherner Win User
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Mar 7, 2021
  4. geno368 Win User

How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer?

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer?

1. How to Prevent Extra Window Showing List of Files in Explorer? - Similar Threads - Prevent Extra Window

2. How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?: There are a couple of users in our company who use Macbooks. Since all of our files are stored in Dropbox, if either of the Mac users access files or folders there, their OS creates "Appledouble" file entries prefixed with "._".I know the reasons why these entries are...
  3. How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?: There are a couple of users in our company who use Macbooks. Since all of our files are stored in Dropbox, if either of the Mac users access files or folders there, their OS creates "Appledouble" file entries prefixed with "._".I know the reasons why these entries are...
  4. How do I prevent Appledouble files from showing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bug: File Explorer is not showing "extra large icons"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug: File Explorer is not showing "extra large icons": In File Explorer, the “Extra large icons” setting isnot working with a Dell XPS 15, Windows 10, 3840 x 2400. It displays icons in the same size as “Large icons.” It increases thespace around each icon but does not increase the icon size. If I move File Explorer to a 25”...
  6. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?: I'm not exactly sure what they're called. Some examples of them are "#" and "Date Modified" and "File Type" and "Album." I don't really want these, since it makes the file name (the only important part to me) get cut off. I know that I can right click and hide them that way,...
  7. Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete

Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete: I one had I-Cloud Photos on installed my computer but have uninstalled months ago. The I-Cloud Photos folders remain on the left side of my File Explorer window, as shown on the attached graphic. The graphic also shows the error message I get whenever I click on an I-Cloud...
  8. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  9. extra pane in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra pane in file explorer: in file explorer a pane has appeared to the right of my preview pane. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-pane-in-file-explorer/63cc981b-5f21-45d1-8fa6-c25a63527235
  10. windows 10 inability to show extra large icons in file explore

windows 10 inability to show extra large icons in file explore: I read through your answers to the problem regarding windows 10 inability to show extra large icons in file explore. KINDLY, admit the problem and fix the problem and let us all know you finally got around to it!...