Windows 10: How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder

Discus and support How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I delete a folder from a drive, File Explorer scrolls to that folders root. How can I prevent this. submitted by /u/throndar [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throndar, Mar 18, 2020.

1. How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder

When I delete a folder from a drive, File Explorer scrolls to that folders root.

How can I prevent this.

submitted by /u/throndar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throndar, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 18, 2020
  4. MarkFord2 Win User

How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder

File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to scroll back to the top of the file list. This means I cant select any folders down the tree.

MarkFord2, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder

1. How to prevent File Explorer scrolling to the top when I delete a folder - Similar Threads - prevent File Explorer

2. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  3. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  4. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  6. Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete

Extra folders in File Explorer - how to delete: I one had I-Cloud Photos on installed my computer but have uninstalled months ago. The I-Cloud Photos folders remain on the left side of my File Explorer window, as shown on the attached graphic. The graphic also shows the error message I get whenever I click on an I-Cloud...
  7. File Explorer automatically scrolls to the top of the page when desktop background changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer automatically scrolls to the top of the page when desktop background changes: I have a slideshow of my iCloud photos as my desktop background on all five of my Windows PCs. I also have the "Pick accent color from background" enabled, which from what I have read might be the cause of it. Once the accent color changes with the slideshow File Explorer...
  8. File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.: Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to scroll back to the top of the file list. This means I cant select any folders down the tree....
  9. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.: Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds). After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically...
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows explorer jumping when deleting