Windows 10: How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned

Discus and support How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow the IE icon remains on the taskbar after I close. I do not want this action because IE is on the Quick Launch Bar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CokerDr1, Apr 21, 2019.

1. CokerDr1 Win User

How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned

Somehow the IE icon remains on the taskbar after I close. I do not want this action because IE is on the Quick Launch Bar.

:)

CokerDr1, Apr 21, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 21, 2019
  4. How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned

task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned

1. How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned - Similar Threads - Prevent icon pinning

2. How to UNPIN copilot from task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to UNPIN copilot from task bar: I just got copilot dumped on me in an update thanks, Microsoft - I don't want this garbage. It's been pinned to my taskbar, and when I right-click the icon there is no option to unpin again, thanks microsoft, NOT. None of the typical right-click options come up for...
  3. How to UNPIN copilot from task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to UNPIN copilot from task bar: I just got copilot dumped on me in an update thanks, Microsoft - I don't want this garbage. It's been pinned to my taskbar, and when I right-click the icon there is no option to unpin again, thanks microsoft, NOT. None of the typical right-click options come up for...
  4. unpin task bar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unpin task bar in windows 11: unpin items in task bar in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unpin-task-bar-in-windows-11/d69a0bd5-14a6-425c-8a0e-5d8cf5430022
  5. unpin task bar in windows 11

unpin task bar in windows 11: unpin items in task bar in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unpin-task-bar-in-windows-11/d69a0bd5-14a6-425c-8a0e-5d8cf5430022
  6. How do I unpin Edge from the task bar permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I unpin Edge from the task bar permanently?: Each time I unpin Edge from the taskbar, it shows up again when I start my computer up the next day. In fact, it shows 2 Edge icons now. This is a brand new, high end PC. How do I unpin this Edge icon permanently? Thank you (Yes, I know I can’t uninstall) submitted by...
  7. Mail & Calendar Cannot be Unpinned from Task Bar and icons are blank

Mail & Calendar Cannot be Unpinned from Task Bar and icons are blank: I am running Windows 10 and the problem started a few months ago when a blank icon for the Windows Calendar appeared on the task bar. There is no icon for it, only a position for it. In other words, all other icons for opened programs are placed to the right of this...
  8. How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled: Every time my laptop's battery dies, and sometimes even when it doesn't, my computer restarts and PIN login is disabled for 2 hours. My account password is a super pain to type in, so I always hate when this happens. Is there a way I can make the login screen more permissive...
  9. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1
  10. how do I unpin microsoft account from my files icon in task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I unpin microsoft account from my files icon in task bar?: My file icon in my task bar has microsoft account embedded into it and I can't get rid of it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unpin-microsoft-account-from-my-files/af0d71f6-d4e0-4992-8b3e-b2008269d7eb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent ie from auto pinning to taskbar rdp

2. how to prevent internet explorer in task bar

3. prevent ie pinning on taskbar

4. prevent IE from pinning to taskbar