Windows 10: How to prevent installation of Removable Devices on Windows 10

Discus and support How to prevent installation of Removable Devices on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 supports installation and use of a variety of Removable devices. This includes plug and plays mouse, keyboard, and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 28, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent installation of Removable Devices on Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 28, 2019
  4. How to prevent installation of Removable Devices on Windows 10

Is there anyway i can prevent tethering on win 7?

I did some digging and came across this:

Use Group Policy to prevent the installation of new network devices.

You'll find an option in Administrative Templates \ System \ Device Installation \ Device Installation Restrictions \ Prevent installation of devices using drivers that match these driver setup classes. From its description:

This policy setting allows you to specify a list of device setup class globally unique identifiers (GUIDs) for device drivers that Windows is prevented from installing. This policy setting takes precedence over any other policy setting that allows Windows to install a device.

If you enable this policy setting, Windows is prevented from installing or updating device drivers whose device setup class GUIDs appear in the list you create. If you enable this policy setting on a remote desktop server, the policy setting affects redirection of the specified devices from a remote desktop client to the remote desktop server.​
    Using policy settings here, you can either create a whitelist or a blacklist, either of individual devices or entire classes of devices (such as network adapters). These take effect when a device is removed and reinserted, so it will not affect the NIC built into the machine, provided you don't apply the setting to devices that are already installed.

You will need to reference the list of device setup classes to find the class for network adapters, which is {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}. Add this class to the blacklist, and soon afterward, nobody will be able to use USB network adapters.​
    Of course, since he has administrator rights on the machine, there's a chance that he might find your Group Policy setting and delete it. Here's another angle of attack:
    • Get/set the password for the local Administrator account.
    • If he tethers his phone after you've said "no", issue a remote shutdown command to his PC.
      shutdown /s /m \\boneheads_pc
    • Keep doing this until it sinks into his thick head that the house rules apply to him, too.
    This will set you up with a battle of wills. I prefer Kursah's solution of revoking his admin privileges.

Static~Charge, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent installation of Removable Devices on Windows 10

1. How to prevent installation of Removable Devices on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent installation Removable

2. Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?: Hi,I'm using an old Microsoft Reclusa keyboard on a new Windows 11 Pro computer. Everything was working properly until I installed an optional Windows Update for the Reclusa Driver.In the Windows Update > Update History it lists:Razer - Input - Razer ReclusaSuccessfully...
  3. Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?: Hi,I'm using an old Microsoft Reclusa keyboard on a new Windows 11 Pro computer. Everything was working properly until I installed an optional Windows Update for the Reclusa Driver.In the Windows Update > Update History it lists:Razer - Input - Razer ReclusaSuccessfully...
  4. How do I prevent removal of IE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent removal of IE: I have a lot of equipment that only works with IE. It requires Active-X and the probably the IE renderer. Becasue of the Active-X requirement both for legacy and even new equipment in the Security Camera field, I MUST keep IE around for occasional camera administration and do...
  5. How to Prevent Windows 10 Automatic Driver Downloading and Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Prevent Windows 10 Automatic Driver Downloading and Installation: I have over 15 years experience with Windows. I have observed every single solution on google, every solution on Microsoft's Help, and every possible solution I can think of.Yes, I have gone to System, Advanced System Settings -> Hardware Tab -> Device Installation Settings...
  6. VirtualBox Prevents Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VirtualBox Prevents Windows 10 Installation: Hello. Since March I had a notification to update my Windows 10 version to 20H2. Since then, I've been trying to uninstall VirtualBox from my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro from VolumeMedia. Should I change my Windows 10? Plus, today, I uninstalled every file that I could...
  7. GPO "prevent installation of removable devices"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPO "prevent installation of removable devices": This GPO is under: computer configuration -> administrative templates -> system -> device installation -> device installation restrictions If i were to enable this GPO, would USB devices that are already installed still work? Its only for new ones? Thanks submitted by...
  8. How to cancel the "Prevent all devices from installing"

How to cancel the "Prevent all devices from installing": I set the valueName "DenyUnspecified"=1 in the Registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Restrictions", It's same with the "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" in Group Policy "Computer...
  9. How to universally prevent all devices from waking Windows 10?

How to universally prevent all devices from waking Windows 10?: Hello, I'm a fairly advanced Windows user, but, I'm having difficulty figuring out if there's an in-built way to do this, or if someone out there has already found a registry hack or something to allow it. I have a lot of USB devices, and several computers. Each...
  10. How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1: I have a Windows 8.1 Pro workstation that I do all my work on. The company I work with says they will not support Windows 10. As far as I remember, I never asked to have this machine to upgrade to 10, but I noticed in the Action Center - Reliability history that starting...