Windows 10: How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

Discus and support How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineedasolution, Feb 26, 2019.

1. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid when in sleep mode, but not for hibernation.

I have tried: Power Options > System Settings > When i close the lid > do nothing without any difference.
    I have searched various forums without success.

Is there a way to change this, maybe in BIOS?

And also, is it possible to completely and absolutely prevent laptop from waking when hibernated (like if it was shut down), especially to prevent auto windows update (which is extremely annoying).

Thanks

:)

ineedasolution, Feb 26, 2019

2. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

If I put my Lenovo W541 to sleep and open the lid, it wakes up automatically.

Is there any way to prevent this?

The lid close action is set to do nothing both in plugged-in and battery mode.

Yet the Laptop is waking up as soon as I open the lid.

I'd prefer only waking up from sleep mode if I press the power button.

Björn Kautler, Feb 26, 2019
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Feb 26, 2019
  4. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

On my Lenovo laptop, with Windows 10, how do I wake up my computer when the lid is opened, from Hibernate?

On my Lenovo laptop, with Windows 10, how do I wake up my computer when the lid is opened, from Hibernate?

BJ Mickel-Close, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

1. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated? - Similar Threads - prevent laptop waking

2. How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate: How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate from keyboard or mouse ? I want it to wake up only from power button 128925
  3. My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery: One of the recent updates (BIOS, Thunderbolt, Windows) has caused my Lenovo Carbon X1G6 to automatically resume from hibernate each day. The PC wakes from hibernate due to a system scheduled task at 05:30 and then enters sleep mode, leading to battery drain. It does not...
  4. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  5. Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid: I know this question has been posted several times, but what is different is that it doesn't crash every time. The laptop crashes only when i plug in the charger when the lid is down and then try to open it. It works fine when i don't plug in the charger and open the lid....
  6. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when waking from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when waking from Hibernate: This is odd as it only happens waking from Hibernate. I don't get it on wake from startup or sleep. I have tried: memory diagnostics - all fine updating all drivers restore from points created by me (failed, even without Kaspersky running) sfc /scannow Keeping...
  8. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  9. After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid: Hello, I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to press the button for it to wake up. I've tried looking with "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", but can't tell if there is...
  10. Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid: Hello everyone! I have a Sony and an HP notebook with Windows 10 installed. When the computer is on standby and I open the lid or click the mouse, the computer turns on. Despite all the Energy settings in the control panel I cannot fix it. I want the laptop to open ONLY by...