Windows 10: How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

Discus and support How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineedasolution, Feb 26, 2019.

1. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid when in sleep mode, but not for hibernation.

I have tried: Power Options > System Settings > When i close the lid > do nothing without any difference.
    I have searched various forums without success.

Is there a way to change this, maybe in BIOS?

And also, is it possible to completely and absolutely prevent laptop from waking when hibernated (like if it was shut down), especially to prevent auto windows update (which is extremely annoying).

Thanks

:)

ineedasolution, Feb 26, 2019

2. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

If I put my Lenovo W541 to sleep and open the lid, it wakes up automatically.

Is there any way to prevent this?

The lid close action is set to do nothing both in plugged-in and battery mode.

Yet the Laptop is waking up as soon as I open the lid.

I'd prefer only waking up from sleep mode if I press the power button.

Björn Kautler, Feb 26, 2019
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Feb 26, 2019
  4. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

On my Lenovo laptop, with Windows 10, how do I wake up my computer when the lid is opened, from Hibernate?

On my Lenovo laptop, with Windows 10, how do I wake up my computer when the lid is opened, from Hibernate?

BJ Mickel-Close, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

1. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated? - Similar Threads - prevent laptop waking

2. Laptop wakes up from Hibernate or Sleep while in a backpack with the lid closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wakes up from Hibernate or Sleep while in a backpack with the lid closed: Airplanes can catch fire from Microsoft Hibernate or Sleep because more recently, Sleep and Hibernate are not working. You put your laptop in a backpack with LID CLOSE TO HIBERNATE or Sleep that worked before for 10+ years on old Windows versions. 20 times in recent weeks I...
  3. Laptop wakes up from Hibernate or Sleep while in a backpack with the lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes up from Hibernate or Sleep while in a backpack with the lid closed: Airplanes can catch fire from Microsoft Hibernate or Sleep because more recently, Sleep and Hibernate are not working. You put your laptop in a backpack with LID CLOSE TO HIBERNATE or Sleep that worked before for 10+ years on old Windows versions. 20 times in recent weeks I...
  4. Laptop wakes up from Hibernate or Sleep while in a backpack with the lid closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Prevent windows from starting when I open the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent windows from starting when I open the lid: My Dell laptop always automatically booting when I open the lid and it is quite annoying. I was told to use command prompt to reveal the hidden option in the Power Options panel but it did not work. Is there an another way to turn this function off?Spec:Device name Laptop...
  6. Laptop wakes from Hibernate

Laptop wakes from Hibernate: I know this problem has been posted many times before, but I have yet to see any answers that help me, and I hope that I will, as this is increasingly frustrating. I have an Asus Zenbook UX434FLC and am using the option to Hibernate when I press the Power button. However,...
  7. How to prevent mouse from waking computer even when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent mouse from waking computer even when the lid is closed: Hi, my laptop keeps turning on when the lid is closed if my mouse moves, not only is it annoying, but it totally breaks the nvidia graphics because after I open the lid, the display shows nothing. How to fix this?...
  8. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  9. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  10. How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate: How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate from keyboard or mouse ? I want it to wake up only from power button 128925

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically waking up from hibernate on open lid

2. hibernated notebook often wake up