Windows 10: How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI scheme

Discus and support How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI scheme in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you do not want to use the default app to be launched when […] This article How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 1, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI scheme

WinClub, Nov 1, 2020

2. Custom accent color and theme settings uri scheme

Hi,

I am new developer to Windows phone 8. I plan to develop apps to customize accent colors other than predefined 20 colors. Can someone please help me to achieve this. And I read about some pre-defined uri-scheme also. But I cant found uri-scheme for theme
    settings. Can someone kindly provide the uri-scheme for this or else please tell the alternate way to launch theme settings window from my app on button click.

-----

Thanks in advance

Balamurugan

balamurugan_857, Nov 1, 2020
  3. URI Schemes from microsoft apps don´t match in two of them

I was researching some information about URI schemes in iana.org. Then I found out that there are many schemes from microsoft registered with the owner
    [urischemeowners_at_microsoft.com] however there are two of them apparently from microsoft, at least the properties say so, but owner is [Alexey_Melnikov], wich is also owner ot other URL schemes apparently not related to microsoft. For example:

[table][tr][td]ms-help[/td][td]prov/ms-help[/td][td]ms-help[/td][td]Provisional[/td][td]-[/td][td][Alexey_Melnikov][/td][/tr][/table]

Page URL is the following:

Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Schemes

Question is: Is this normal? Does it represent a risk for our security or privacy?

Thanks in advance.

JavierLuce, Nov 1, 2020
  4. How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI scheme

Custom uri scheme not working (PROTOCOL ASSOCIATION)

Hello Forum,

i'm kinda new in windows phone applications developments, but i guess i achieved alot, via the answers i got from the forum...here i'm i with a new one and i wish i can get the answer here.

I've got a windows phone app, which i wish to open using custom uri send via sms, the problem : It works perfectly on the emulator, but not on a physical device. On the device, the uri doesn't highlight as
    a link whereas on the emulator it does.

Please can someone help!? i'm going mad...

my uri is myapp://a?s=test

Thanks for helping

Cyphrix_17, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI scheme

1. How to Prevent launching apps associated with file or URI scheme - Similar Threads - Prevent launching apps

2. Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.: Whenever I'm trying to launch some troubleshooters on my pc it says that the file is no associated with an app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-troubleshooter-because-the-file-is-not/70c04100-c039-40ee-98ec-d998934dd30a
  3. Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch troubleshooter because the file is not associated with an app.: Whenever I'm trying to launch some troubleshooters on my pc it says that the file is no associated with an app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-troubleshooter-because-the-file-is-not/70c04100-c039-40ee-98ec-d998934dd30a
  4. URI Scheme reference to always open Settings App on Home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URI Scheme reference to always open Settings App on Home page: Using "ms-settings:", in the Run command, this opens the Settings App to its Home page. After, if I use "ms-settings:bluetooth", the same Settings App will be redirected to its Bluetooth page. If I want to go back to Settings Home Page using a URI Scheme, "ms-settings:" does...
  5. URI Scheme reference to always open Settings App on Home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    URI Scheme reference to always open Settings App on Home page: Using "ms-settings:", in the Run command, this opens the Settings App to its Home page. After, if I use "ms-settings:bluetooth", the same Settings App will be redirected to its Bluetooth page. If I want to go back to Settings Home Page using a URI Scheme, "ms-settings:" does...
  6. URI Scheme reference to always open Settings App on Home page

7. URI Schemes from microsoft apps don´t match in two of them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URI Schemes from microsoft apps don´t match in two of them: I was researching some information about URI schemes in iana.org. Then I found out that there are many schemes from microsoft registered with the owner [urischemeowners_at_microsoft.com] however there are two of them apparently from microsoft, at least the properties say so,...
  8. URI values for file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URI values for file: How can I view a specific files URI code for a file on my computer? For example.. the registry code similar to this example EFAFB233-063F-42B5-8137-9DF3F51BA10A? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uri-values-for-file/08a1dee7-2fdc-4d64-bd5d-ec44933987d6
  9. How To Associate app for Files With No Extension

How To Associate app for Files With No Extension: Win 10 v1903. I get files from an app and these files do not have an extension. I can open and read them via Notebook but I'd like to assign Notebook to open them when I double click the file name. Can that be done in Win 10? -- Larry 142436
  10. File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?: In trying to start Adobe After Effects, "After Effects can’t continue: Standard 3D module is missing." appears after "Cleaning Up" disappears from the splash screen. After clicking Ok on the error, the splash screen goes away and I get this dialog box: "After Effects can't...