Windows 10: How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? **

Discus and support How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? ** in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OS:Win10 **I want to prevent the limited account from performing shutdown/autoshutdown if and only if administrator account is logged in. Is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nonamesoldier, Dec 3, 2017.

1. How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? **

**I want to prevent the limited account from performing shutdown/autoshutdown if and only if administrator account is logged in. Is that possible?

One of my family member had earlier logged into their limited account and initiated a torrent download which had auto shutdown enabled. When I had to use the PC I locked the limited account and started working in my(admin) account and within few minutes an auto shutdown screen pops with no option to cancel it and proceeds to shutdown and now I lost the data I was working on.

I was surprised that there was no option to cancel the shutdown other than sit back and watch it terminate all my work.

:)

nonamesoldier, Dec 3, 2017

2. How to prevent from auto-updating to Creators Update(1703)?

There're many bugs in Creators Update, I don't want to update to this version. How would I do?

I want to keep my computer update to 1607(RedStone)'s newest update, but definitely
    NOT to 1703(Creators Update).

After I had rolled back to 1607, I found that 1703 update will automatically downloaded and let me restart/shutdown to update. I don't want this. I dont want to download 1703 update, and dont mention to install it.

Many materials I've searched are just telling me how to disable Windows Update, which make me out of 1607's updates. This is not an option.

Please help me. Thanks everyone that helps!

Herlin Drew, Dec 3, 2017
  3. How to prevent from auto-updating to Creators Update(1703)?

Hi,

Automatic updates will really be downloaded if you leave automatic updates option on. As of the moment, our option is either to turn it off and not get the 1703 update until you’re ready to have it installed on your PC or turn automatic updates on and take
    chances on having 1703 update automatically downloaded on your PC. If you would like to stay on the 1607 update and have its latest version, we suggest to turn automatic updates off, and manually look for updates if it is available.

If you have other queries, do not hesitate to ask us.

Arthur Rui, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? **

You can cancel (abort) shutdown process using Command Prompt, PowerShell or Run prompt (WIN + R) with following command:

shutdown -a

Kari, Dec 3, 2017
  5. That's the only way I know so far and have tried doing it. Unfortunately it shuts down before I complete the command most of the time. Thanks anyways.

nonamesoldier, Dec 4, 2017
  6. Thanks. Will check it out.

nonamesoldier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? **

1. How to prevent limited account from performing auto shutdown? ** - Similar Threads - prevent limited account

2. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shutdown: Lost again two days of crunching numbers because of MS's stupid decision to reboot my computer overnight for an auto update which failed anyway .I stopped hoping that they will hire competent managers anytime soon. Instead, I wonder when there will be a real company that will...
  3. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shutdown: Lost again two days of crunching numbers because of MS's stupid decision to reboot my computer overnight for an auto update which failed anyway .I stopped hoping that they will hire competent managers anytime soon. Instead, I wonder when there will be a real company that will...
  4. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching: I keep deleting the MicrosoftEdgeAutoLaunch entry from the registry but it keeps getting put back.Please, don't tell me it has no impact on startup. True or not that excuse is too old.What if I allowed 10 programs run at startup with each having little impact. It adds up.How...
  6. Auto Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown: Is they a way to shut down my windows 10 computer every night at 11pm? I do not have a password to log into windows and sometimes the computer is in sleep mode at that time. Is there a way to do this with these things going on. Tried different programs but nothing seems to...
  7. A program is preventing from shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A program is preventing from shutdown: One program is preventing from shutdown it was not visible clearly at it disappears in seconds, in safe mode it was fine.this problem occurs after removing some default windows software from power shell i have restored all of them through power shell command still the problem...
  8. How to prevent certain program from auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  9. How to bypass "These apps are preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bypass "These apps are preventing shutdown": Hey guys Anyone know how to get rid if the above message when shutting down, ideally via gpo....(or as a last resort reg) ? Cheers. 131229
  10. How to prevent an account from Auto Logging in after PC is turned on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to prevent an account from Auto Logging in after PC is turned on: Right now have an issue that is a nuisance. There are several user accounts on our Windows 10 pc. Recently one of the accounts has been auto logging in. This happens after the computer is shut down and then powered back on at a later time. This account is the last one that...