Windows 10: How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

Discus and support How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Sep 25, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser.

So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a lock screen (circled in red):

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge? lukKYA6.png

It will open up in Edge, even though I set up Chrome as a default web browser.

Can someone tell me how to change this?

Or, if it's not possible, how can I uninstall Edge?

:)

2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 25, 2019
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 25, 2019
  4. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

1. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge? - Similar Threads - prevent links lock

2. some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  3. some apps prevent screen from locking

some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  4. Some apps prevent screen from locking

Some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  5. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  6. Unable to prevent screen from locking

Unable to prevent screen from locking: I have tried different things on this Windows 10 but cannot do away with this feature that locks my screen every time I walk away from it (after how long I am unsure but only a matter of minutes). It is annoying to have to keep logging in. I am placing this in the...
  7. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  8. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  9. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen: I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back. I have 'Get fun facts,...
  10. How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen: I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen. Any way to prevent this? James 18622