Windows 10: How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

Discus and support How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If M.S. has downloaded a "Feature" update, but it has yet been installed, is there a way to make sure M.S. will not automatically install it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rockydean, Jan 29, 2019.

1. rockydean Win User

How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

If M.S. has downloaded a "Feature" update, but it has yet been installed, is there a way to make sure M.S. will not automatically install it ?

:)

rockydean, Jan 29, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 29, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 29, 2019
  4. How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

1. How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed - Similar Threads - Prevent Update Being

2. How to prevent users from disabling S-mode easily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent users from disabling S-mode easily: Hi there,I'm just wondering, according to this articlehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switching-out-of-s-mode-in-windows-4f56d9be-99ec-6983-119f-031bfb28a307#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridge, users can switch out of S-mode by themselves, but would there...
  3. How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode: I am wondering if it is possible to permanently switch out of Windows 11 S mode. I purchased a computer that came with Windows 11 Home in S Mode preinstalled, which I reimaged to install Windows 11 Pro. However, that was a whole issue in and of itself because the Windows...
  4. How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode

How to prevent Windows from installing in S mode: I am wondering if it is possible to permanently switch out of Windows 11 S mode. I purchased a computer that came with Windows 11 Home in S Mode preinstalled, which I reimaged to install Windows 11 Pro. However, that was a whole issue in and of itself because the Windows...
  5. How to prevent in Windows 11 Thunderbolt from being automatically installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent in Windows 11 Thunderbolt from being automatically installed?: After every restart of Windows 11 there appears the message that Thunderbolt can now be uninstalled but this program is automatically re-installed after uninstallation. It is mystery what the program does and what its function is....
  6. How to prevent in Windows 11 Thunderbolt from being automatically installed?

How to prevent in Windows 11 Thunderbolt from being automatically installed?: After every restart of Windows 11 there appears the message that Thunderbolt can now be uninstalled but this program is automatically re-installed after uninstallation. It is mystery what the program does and what its function is....
  7. How to prevent update previews from installing automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent update previews from installing automatically: I am starting a new thread for this question since no one helped me on my prior thread. Each time there is a optional update preview for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 20H2 it automatically installs without even notifying me that it is pending. There must...
  8. How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled: Every time my laptop's battery dies, and sometimes even when it doesn't, my computer restarts and PIN login is disabled for 2 hours. My account password is a super pain to type in, so I always hate when this happens. Is there a way I can make the login screen more permissive...
  9. How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?: I'm running Win10 Home ver 1607. Windows Update has downloaded ver 1709 (due to an unmetered connection) and Windows Update now wants me to update. However I don't want to update and want to remove the downloaded data from my PC. How can I prevent Windows Update from...
  10. How to Prevent from re-install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Prevent from re-install updates: Hi, I want to uninstall last AU Update (ver. 105) because it takes too long restarting Windows (from 46s to over 1min. 6s), but I believe Windows will at once re-install the Update. How to prevent this? Thank you. 63091