Windows 10: How to prevent Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 from updating to higher/never...

Discus and support How to prevent Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 from updating to higher/never... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, I have been using the Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 for viewing eBooks reading, annotations and highlighting. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MirAhmad, May 16, 2020.

1. MirAhmad Win User

How to prevent Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 from updating to higher/never...

hello,

I have been using the Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 for viewing eBooks reading, annotations and highlighting. I do not want to use any other eBooks viewer. I already tried a few and did not like them. And also I have read 100s of ebooks in microsoft edge and all my data highlights and annotations are stored within the edge browser. That is why I want to keep my Microsoft edge browser.

Last time I updated my windows 10 feature update 1903 and it automatically updated my Edge browser so, I had to downgrade the windows 10 back to its former version.

I tried blocking the windows from automatically updating the edge browser using registry key

Block_automatic_installation_of_Microsoft_Edge_by_Windows_Update.reg

as shown in the website https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...crosoft-edge-windows-update-windows-10-a.html . But the above solution did not work. Microsoft edge still got updated.

So, it there any way to stop windows update from updating Microsoft edge browser.

Thanks in advance

:)

MirAhmad, May 16, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 16, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2837 version for Android - December 19

For those of you who are Edge for Android Beta users...

Microsoft Edge (Beta) updated to 42.0.0.2849...

they removed the Timeline feature, (it's unclear as to why)

How to prevent Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 from updating to higher/never... [​IMG]

Edwin, May 16, 2020
  4. malware Win User

How to prevent Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 from updating to higher/never...

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent Microsoft edge legacy version 42.17134.1.0 from updating to higher/never... - Similar Threads - prevent Microsoft edge

2. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  3. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  4. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fixing D: Stage 1: 0% 1699 of 494848; Total: 0% ETA:90:42:45

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing D: Stage 1: 0% 1699 of 494848; Total: 0% ETA:90:42:45: I launched my pc and suddenly i lost my D: DRIVE and all my games and files were gone, i tried taking out my components or try re-cable the cables in my pc case to see if it works but nothing seems to work, so i tried poking around with some buttons and i resetter my pc, then...
  6. Legacy Version on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Version on Microsoft Store: I bought a game on Xbox, and downloaded it on my Computer and was wondering if I could access the first version of the game?If it helps, the game is Cuphead.Thanks!-- Vincent G....
  7. How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge: You can prevent others from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Although extensions are supposed to enhance your user experience, at times, they might make things worse. You can therefore block others from...
  8. Microsoft Edge Legacy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Legacy: I cannot uninstall Edge Chromium, and even though I tried all the other solutions, it says "Uninstalling Microsoft Edge is disabled by your administrator." And then there is a UAC User Account Control Prompt when I try to delete it. [ATTACH] [Domain covered for Privacy]...
  9. How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from adding a new profile in Microsoft Edge, then here’s how you go about doing it. You can block […] This article How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?: How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-disk-1-and-disk-0-or-how-take-the/3eed52f7-3b97-42c9-af39-f5b6a9afccc7