Windows 10: How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

Discus and support How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leoš Literák, Dec 4, 2022.

1. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is an intention. Is there any secret settings which tells Microsoft apps to use the default browser?

:)

Leoš Literák, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

1. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings? - Similar Threads - prevent Microsoft ignoring

2. Windows Ignoring default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Ignoring default browser: Hi Alli currently use Windows 11I have set my Default browser to be chrome yet it still opens in edge, i have set which file types to open in chrome all is set to chrome, but for some unknown reason it still opens in Edge, is this a windows issue or am i missing...
  3. Windows Ignoring default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Ignoring default browser: Hi Alli currently use Windows 11I have set my Default browser to be chrome yet it still opens in edge, i have set which file types to open in chrome all is set to chrome, but for some unknown reason it still opens in Edge, is this a windows issue or am i missing...
  4. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?: Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is...
  5. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?: Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is...
  6. How to set Tor as a default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set Tor as a default browser?: I'm trying to set Tor as my default browser in Windows 10 (NOT for illegal purposes JUST for privacy). But when I get to the menu for selecting a default browser in the default apps section Tor does not appear. Any guesses on how to fix that? submitted by /u/Radi_BG...
  7. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  8. How to make links stop ignoring my default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make links stop ignoring my default browser settings?: Hello all, I have my default browser set to Google Chrome. Yet with some programs, like some games, if you click an option to open a website, it opens that website in Internet Explorer 11. I know IE11 is not safe to use. It doesn't often happen, but today I had it happen...
  9. Search results ignore my Default browser...

in Cortana
    Search results ignore my Default browser...: Despite setting my Default browser choice in Windows 10, when I search from the Start menu the results open in MS Edge! It also appears that Search results are ignoring my Default search engine too - using Bing instead! How do I force Search results to open in my Default...
  10. Ignoring Default App Settings

Ignoring Default App Settings: New Windows 10 Home Computer, set up using PCMover from Windows 7 Home Premium Computer. A few problems, of course, so far mainly applications that did not transfer properly, and those easily solved. One problem however I don't understand, and, therefore, cannot fix. I've...