Windows 10: How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files?

Discus and support How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying to play Phantasy Star Online 2. I did manage to play it yesterday but today when I was going to play it most of the game files were... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GiovanniSales, May 31, 2020.

1. How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files?

I've been trying to play Phantasy Star Online 2. I did manage to play it yesterday but today when I was going to play it most of the game files were gone. After investigating a bit I found out they were actually moved to a folder called MutableBackup, it's a folder inside WindowsApps. I downloaded the game again and when I pressed play it happened again, the game didn't even launch though, the files were moved first! Could someone help me with this?

:)

GiovanniSales, May 31, 2020

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, May 31, 2020
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., May 31, 2020
  4. How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files?

Microsoft Ultimate Word Game

Thank you for answering the questions above. To further isolate the issue, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Check for updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 31, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files?

1. How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files? - Similar Threads - prevent Microsoft Store

2. Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.: Hi.I've recently done a clean Windows 10 install on my machine, and noticed that I am not able to move files from my desktop to pinned directiories inside the file exprorer, ones on the right side of the window. I've never experienced such issue before and despite being able...
  3. Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.: Hi.I've recently done a clean Windows 10 install on my machine, and noticed that I am not able to move files from my desktop to pinned directiories inside the file exprorer, ones on the right side of the window. I've never experienced such issue before and despite being able...
  4. Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  6. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  7. How to prevent open excel files from moving out of sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent open excel files from moving out of sequence: Hello,I use Multiple Excel files when at work.To make my job easy, at the start of the day, I open 4 excel files in sequence in other words, 1 Excel file after another, so that I always know the order and can quickly click on the desired open file from the taskbar.Recently I...
  8. How to prevent unwanted moving of folders and files?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to prevent unwanted moving of folders and files?: It's all too easy to move a file or folder in the Windows Explorer: only a mouse drag away. My father is getting older and his control of the mouse is deteriorating. And so it has happenend already a couple of times that he managed to move folders and files all over the...
  9. Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games: I just got the game pass for pc (beta), then started installing all my other games that I was interested in. Then the last game "Cluster Truck" I tried to download but the store show me a circle with a slash to me. If anyone knows a solution please tell me!...
  10. Moving files from hard drive to another - How to prevent duplicates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from hard drive to another - How to prevent duplicates?: I need to move files (mostly pictures and videos) from an hard drive pulled from an older Windows 7 machine to a backup external drive (using Windows 10) There are some files on the pulled HDD that are also on the backup drive, but they are all mixed, so I can't just copy...