Windows 10: How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

Discus and support How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadynut_, Sep 30, 2020.

1. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing, so I want it to STOP syncing from my PC to the server. All of the guides I found were only how to stop syncing from OneDrive to my pc. Does anyone know how to fix this? And I don't have any external drives available.

submitted by /u/Shadynut_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadynut_, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Caledon Ken, Sep 30, 2020
  4. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

1. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive - Similar Threads - prevent folder syncing

2. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  3. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  4. I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?: I have a folder that I want to keep ON my computer and I don't want to sync or be uploaded to onedrive. How do I make this happen? I selected "always keep on my device" but I went to the onedrive and all the files are sync. I don't want them on the cloud. Thanks for...
  5. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder: I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even deleted the OneDrive folder. But with Windows update and even when I run SFC /SCANNOW, the OneDrive folder magically...
  6. How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from synchronizing personal OneDrive accounts, this article will […] This article How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location on Windows […] This article How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  9. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...
  10. Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup: Is there a way to prevent Onedrive from syncing at startup or perhaps completely disable it altogether? My reason for doing it is quite obscure and I not sure I can explain. Thank you. 4197