Windows 10: How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

Discus and support How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time my laptop's battery dies, and sometimes even when it doesn't, my computer restarts and PIN login is disabled for 2 hours. My account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ecnassianer, Sep 17, 2020.

1. How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

Every time my laptop's battery dies, and sometimes even when it doesn't, my computer restarts and PIN login is disabled for 2 hours. My account password is a super pain to type in, so I always hate when this happens. Is there a way I can make the login screen more permissive and have it not disable pin logins so zealously? Like, if I restart 5 times in a row, fine disable PIN login, but after restarting only once, just let me use the PIN.

I've only noticed this happening the last month or two. Is there any way I can change it? I don't even care about the PIN disabling, if I can leave it so PIN is always enabled, that's fine with me.

submitted by /u/Ecnassianer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ecnassianer, Sep 17, 2020

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2020
  4. How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

1. How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled - Similar Threads - prevent PIN constantly

2. SearchIndexer.exe is preventing this device from being stopped

in Windows 10 News
    SearchIndexer.exe is preventing this device from being stopped: [ATTACH]Safely Remove Hardware is a useful feature in Windows operating systems that lets users disconnect their external storage devices safely. To use this feature, right-click on your storage device in the File Explorer and select Eject. The same option is also available...
  3. How to prevent Windows 10 from disabling touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows 10 from disabling touchpad: I like to set up my laptop on my desk with my monitor as main and use the laptop as second screen. However, whenever I do this, the goddamn touchpad gets disabled. Every time. Why is this a thing? How can I stop this from happening? It's kind of annoying when I diconnect and...
  4. How stop task manager from being disabled?

How stop task manager from being disabled?: I downloaded a virus on accident and I removed it and now it's says my task manager is disabled by administrator. How do I re-enable it? submitted by /u/Thenoob1000 [link] [comments]...
  5. Prevent icons from being added to desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent icons from being added to desktop?: I keep getting icons for Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc added to my desktop. Where can I disable this? Creating a schedule task to delete them isn't a great option since they get added back a few minutes later. version 1909 (build 18363.657) 154994
  6. How to disable pin ?

How to disable pin ?: I would like to disable pin when I turn on my computer, I only want windows to ask me for pin when I lock the screen. Found the solution here https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/sign-in-user-account-automatically-at-windows-10-startup.6799/ submitted by /u/peyoteftw...
  7. A problem prevented the document from being scanned

in Windows 10 News
    A problem prevented the document from being scanned: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When scanning a document using the Printer+Scanner. if you receive an error saying – A problem prevented the document from being scanned, then in this post, we will share solutions to fix this problem. A problem prevented the document from [...] This post A...
  8. How to disable the pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable the pin: How do you disable the login on the pin at startup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-pin/09eec760-5a7b-4d65-80e5-f7139b87a129"
  9. How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Prevent IE icon from pinning to task bar after being unpinned: Somehow the IE icon remains on the taskbar after I close. I do not want this action because IE is on the Quick Launch Bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-ie-icon-from-pinning-to-task-bar/d3aa8ee1-b8c0-459c-abe1-e5b370a1d2b2
  10. How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed: If M.S. has downloaded a "Feature" update, but it has yet been installed, is there a way to make sure M.S. will not automatically install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-ms-update-from-being-installed/deb29b53-ce97-47ac-8cc2-f8125e5c11c5