Windows 10: How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

Discus and support How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the unpinning […] This article How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 17, 2020

2. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

Thanks for your reply.

Just in case this was a result of a poor description of the problem by me, I will explain in detail.

I have Excel permanently pinned to the taskbar. When I right click the Excel tile, the context menu shows a list of Pinned items at the top and Recent items below that. I believe these are called jump lists.

When I hover over an item on the Pinned list a push pin (), overlaid with a no entry sign (), is displayed to the right of the item.

I can click on the pin to unpin it from the pinned list.

Under Windows 7, I was able to left click on an item in the pinned list and drag it up or down to a different position in the list. This drag and drop functionality has never worked for me under Windows 10. As I noted in my original post,
    the only way to resequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

Do you know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

davecope22, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

In Windows 7 you could drag a pinned item on a taskbar tile to move it up and down the list of pinned items.

This drag/drop functionality is not available in Windows 10 - I read somewhere that the only way to resquequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

This is a pain.

Does anyone know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

Thanks

davecope22, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

@Brink:
    Another couple of tricks I've found:

If you create a 'Super Hidden' folder and pin it to Quick Access, then re-hide 'Protected System Files and Folders', it will no longer show in the Navigation Pane but, it will still show in File Explorer Taskbar Jump Lists, and be navigable.

Also, there are certain folders you can pin to Quick Access, such as 'search-ms:', when there, but they too will not show in the Navigation Pane but will also show in Taskbar Jump Lists!

Thought this info may be useful! *Wink

How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent Pinning Unpinning

2. taskbar - how to pin what unpinned itself?

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar - how to pin what unpinned itself?: Hi to all! My internet connection icon that was on my taskbar disappeared. How do I pin it back? I tried several things and nothing worked... (I know. It sounds stupid, but it is driving me nuts!)...
  3. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  4. Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items in Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How...
  5. Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make...
  6. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  7. Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on an app on the taskbar or Start menu, it will open the app's jump list. Jump Lists is a feature...
  8. 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10 [img] Information You can pin to Start any apps, contacts (People app), folders, drives, homegroup, library, network, and OneDrive so you can open them quickly, and see updates on live tiles for modern apps...
  9. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606