Windows 10: How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10

Discus and support How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, This is a (weird) variant of 'prevent auto logon in windows 10'. I have 6 user accounts on my laptop (4 kids and 2 parents having admin rights).... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Morninbatler, Nov 20, 2018.

1. How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10

Hi,

This is a (weird) variant of 'prevent auto logon in windows 10'. I have 6 user accounts on my laptop (4 kids and 2 parents having admin rights). All users are password protected and I have also checked the box in netplwiz that requires all accounts to enter a password at logon. I also tried some registry edits to solve my problem but so far no luck. I am running the latest Windows 10 version (no pending updates).

In my case, after booting the laptop, Windows neatly stops at the logon screen where all the user names are displayed. It displays the user that logged off last time as usual. So far so good.

Now imagine one of my kids used the laptop last and now I want to use it. I turn it on (yes it was powered off entirely) and arrive at the logon screen. I log on to my account as normal, no probs there. However, when I open the Task Manager and have a look at the list of logge-on users, both my own account and that of my kid (the one that previously used it) have loaded!

I can imagine this is convenient and saves booting time when you are the only user working on the laptop but in this case, it actually slows everything down as it has to load 2 users in parallel...

When I shut down the laptop, Windows warns me that another user is still logged-on and may loose his/her work. Obviously no-one has actually logged-on to that account so no worries to shut down.

Now my wife boots the laptop and logs on. In this case, Windows is loading her account, with mine in the background (I was the last user to log off).

How can I disable this strange behaviour of Windows 10, as it is using my laptop's resources for no reason while operative and slows down startup.

Thanks in advance for solving this.

:)

Morninbatler, Nov 20, 2018
  2. SFWA_ITA Win User

Windows 10 upgrade prevents user profile from loading

I allowed Windows 10 to install an update on my laptop today. After it completed, when I try to login, I received the error, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I rebooted and
    had the same result.

I was able to fix the problem for now by reverting to my previous version of Windows 10 (I used the shift key when rebooting to open the "Choose an option" screen).

I want to be able to update Windows 10 in the future. What can I do to prevent my user profile from becoming corrupted or otherwise unloadable when next I update Windows 10?

SFWA_ITA, Nov 20, 2018
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 20, 2018
  4. How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10

(WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10

1. How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent previous user

2. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile cannot be loaded: So first of all I reset my computer and deleted everything, then when it finished booted back up I can no longer long into my account a message pops saying the following “ the user profile service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded”I looked up some video...
  3. User profile not loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile not loaded: Hello people!! Need en urgent help in solving the user profile issue in windows 11. I had recently updated my pc from windows 10 to 11. After a day of updating my pc I decided to reset my pc with local reinstall option. But unfortunately the system turned off without charge...
  4. User profile not loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile not loaded: Hello people!! Need en urgent help in solving the user profile issue in windows 11. I had recently updated my pc from windows 10 to 11. After a day of updating my pc I decided to reset my pc with local reinstall option. But unfortunately the system turned off without charge...
  5. Windows 10 user profile is not loading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 user profile is not loading: windows 10 user profile is not loading, what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-profile-is-not-loading/55434e2f-ef51-44a9-94b6-e04d54f60876
  6. "The user profile cannot be loaded"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user profile cannot be loaded": was about to log in to my user profile when I got the message "The user profile cannot be loaded". after a reboot it said "Windows is being prepared" and now most of my documents are gone. what happened there? (Windows was not activated because this is such a strange...
  7. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profile cannot be loaded: [IMG]This occure when i tried to open other profile and now i cannot switch to my administrators profile because there is not any option to switch so i was stuck outside...
  8. Windows 10 cannot load user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot load user profile: Recently I had a problem logging into my computer. Windows 10 could not load my profile. I had tried many suggested solution, when I tried to log on through the safe mode... I said tried because when I restarted my computer on safe mode I could log on either. I tried my...
  9. User profile cannot be loaded :(

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User profile cannot be loaded :(: [IMG]Hello, I have a serious problem right now! When I was out, my little sister used my computer and I don't know what she did but now I can't sign in. Please help Microsoft Team!...
  10. User profile on previous HDD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile on previous HDD: I want to find out if I change out my data HDD that previously had my user profile on it, will the SSD that windows is installed on be able to recognize it. A few months ago I was off work preparing to have surgery, and I took the opportunity to take my computer apart to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent reset windows profile

2. prevent windows 10 from loading last user