Windows 10: how to prevent save file to USB style CD windows 10

Discus and support how to prevent save file to USB style CD windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We disabled write to CD/DVD function on our network using gpo by enabling Remove CD burning features. This is working fine as it should preventing user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dustoff, Jul 15, 2020.

1. dustoff Win User

how to prevent save file to USB style CD windows 10

We disabled write to CD/DVD function on our network using gpo by enabling Remove CD burning features. This is working fine as it should preventing user from writing to CD/DVD. Recently we discovered that a user can format the CD/DVD as USB on another computer, then he/she can save the file to CD/DVD like it is a usb drive. Does anyone know a group policy that can prevent that from happening?

:)

dustoff, Jul 15, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 15, 2020
  4. how to prevent save file to USB style CD windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

how to prevent save file to USB style CD windows 10

1. how to prevent save file to USB style CD windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent save file

2. How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file: When saving a file, I hope to make a file extension not showing in the "File name" box. That's because I often need to change the extension. Since a file extension is shown or selectable in the "Save as type" box, I think it's redundant and unnecessary.I set Explorer to show...
  3. How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file: When saving a file, I hope to make a file extension not showing in the "File name" box. That's because I often need to change the extension. Since a file extension is shown or selectable in the "Save as type" box, I think it's redundant and unnecessary.I set Explorer to show...
  4. How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reinstall windows 10 without usb or cd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall windows 10 without usb or cd?: So I bought a prebuilt gaming pc (asus gt15) it came preloaded with windows 10. The pc does not have a DVD drive and it did not come with any USB stick. If I want to reinstall a clean windows version in the future, how do I do this? I got into the bios but don't see anything...
  6. Windows 10 file caching - how to prevent it!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file caching - how to prevent it!!!!: Hi, I assume that my windows version number is Windows 10 and not the Windows build number..... I am just transferring stuff from my Windows 7 laptop to my new windows 10 desktop. I have a batch file that automatically selects various directories before running a base...
  7. How to recover Windows files with Linux Live CD/USB

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover Windows files with Linux Live CD/USB: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You have got your shiny new Windows 10 computer. You have been using it for a while now, and it’s all fine and dandy. Then without any sign whatsoever, your hard disk drive or solid-state drive goes south. And the [...] This post How to recover Windows files...
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords: How do I prevent Windows 10 from remembering any WiFi passwords? The use case is a shared laptop with a generic login being used on enterprise WiFi that requires authentication based on the users' kerberos login. So everyone logs into Windows with a local account, but...
  9. USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features: It seems in Windows 10 (and 8, as I have seen from online discussions), USB gaming controllers prevent power saving features such as turning off the displays and entering Sleep mode. Is there a configuration to change this setting? It's extremely annoying for many users to...
  10. GPT Partition Style preventing Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT Partition Style preventing Windows 10 Installation: I just built a custom pc with a new mobo. The hdd is used and has 8.1 on it which is not legal on this mobo. I can't really afford to buy 8.1 again. Especially since 10 is free. I burnt 10 to a disk and when I try doing a clean install I get a problem with GPT message...