Windows 10: how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts

Discus and support how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest automatic update to my x32Win10ProV22H2 resulted in StartUps no longer happening. StartUps in Task Manager still shows them as 'enabled'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Jun 12, 2024.

1. how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts

The latest automatic update to my x32Win10ProV22H2 resulted in StartUps no longer happening. StartUps in Task Manager still shows them as 'enabled'. Google's advice to change a setting in MSCONFIG to 'Normal Boot' resulted in irreversible BSODs. Chat with Microsoft suggested the re-installation of Windows - which is the sledgehammer approach to solving the problem. Does anyone know how to prevent that update from causing the loss of autostarting; or how to restore autostarts after losing them ?

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Jun 12, 2024
  2. HWCW2014 Win User

After restart Outlook autostarts

Hi,

When I 'Restart or Power up' my Laptop (latest W10 build) Outlook 2010 autostarts.

As I don't want it to occur, I went into the Settings menu to disable the autostart. A number of Apps are listed but not Outlook, hence I can't disable it.

Are there any other methods?

Thank you.

HWCW2014, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Blocking an individual Windows Update

Hi, To prevent a specific Windows Update from installing, you can use the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package from Microsoft. This allows you to hide specific updates and prevent them from installing automatically. To use the troubleshooter, you can follow these steps: Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Run the downloaded file to open the troubleshooter. Select "Hide updates" and then choose the update that you want to block. Click "Next" and the troubleshooter will prevent the selected update from installing. Another method to block specific update is to use the Local Group Policy Editor by following these steps: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box Type gpedit.msc and press Enter Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update Locate the “Configure Automatic Updates” policy and double-click it. Select the option “Enabled,” then choose the option “2 – Notify for download and notify for install” Click OK Note that these methods only prevent the specific update from installing, but do not remove the update from your system. Please also be aware that blocking updates may have an impact on the security and stability of your system, it's better to have the most recent updates installed

moriischristian, Jun 12, 2024
  4. user33331 Win User

how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts

1. how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts - Similar Threads - prevent latest update

2. how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts: The latest automatic update to my x32Win10ProV22H2 resulted in StartUps no longer happening. StartUps in Task Manager still shows them as 'enabled'. Google's advice to change a setting in MSCONFIG to 'Normal Boot' resulted in irreversible BSODs. Chat with Microsoft suggested...
  3. how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent the latest windows update from blocking autostarts: The latest automatic update to my x32Win10ProV22H2 resulted in StartUps no longer happening. StartUps in Task Manager still shows them as 'enabled'. Google's advice to change a setting in MSCONFIG to 'Normal Boot' resulted in irreversible BSODs. Chat with Microsoft suggested...
  4. LDPlayer is preventing me from installing the latest Windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LDPlayer is preventing me from installing the latest Windows update?: I've been struggling with this problem for the past month. I noticed it when I tried to update after some of my .exe files weren't opening. It says I have to manually uninstall it, but I got it from the Microsoft Store. When I went to go uninstall it, it no longer showed...
  5. Prevent MS Win 10 Mail and Calendar from autostart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent MS Win 10 Mail and Calendar from autostart.: I can't find a valid answer on Microsoft answers, how to prevent MS Windows 10 Mail and Calendar from autostart, since it is not an option in Windows Settings Startup, nor is the option provided in the app's Settings/Options. This is another fail by MS, since it was possible...
  6. How do I prevent the latest update from bricking my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent the latest update from bricking my computer?: I noticed that windows was threatening to install updates on the next reboot (I had thought I blocked all the windows update servers in the host file but I guess they made more or something) I looked it up and apparently lots of people can't boot their computer after this...
  7. UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.: After the upgrade to 1903 Classic shell is being blocked "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app." Now just most recently my games in origin will not update stating I must approve when the UAC pop up appears. I...
  8. How to prevent Windows from updating

How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  9. How to prevent Windows from updating

How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  10. How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?: I'm running Win10 Home ver 1607. Windows Update has downloaded ver 1709 (due to an unmetered connection) and Windows Update now wants me to update. However I don't want to update and want to remove the downloaded data from my PC. How can I prevent Windows Update from...