Windows 10: How to prevent this message from appearing when turning on my computer from hibernation?

Discus and support How to prevent this message from appearing when turning on my computer from hibernation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Curious-Cat-2020, Nov 3, 2019.

1. How to prevent this message from appearing when turning on my computer from hibernation?

/u/Curious-Cat-2020, Nov 3, 2019

2. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 3, 2019
  4. JPZV5 Win User

How to prevent this message from appearing when turning on my computer from hibernation?

BSOD after computer wakes from Hibernation

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10. One week ago I could hibernate the computer then start it without any problem, now I can Hibernate the computer (it's seems to be a normal hibernation), but when it's starts, I grt a BSOD and then it's start fine
    (but like if I put the computer to a compketeshut down).
    This is what it happen:
    -Hibernating the computer

-The computer was turned off

-I Turn on the computer with the power button

-The HP's Logo appears and the loading circle too

-The message "Waking up the computer" appears (something like that, I have the computer in spanish)

-The BSOD appears with a "random" mesage (when I say random... is a RANDOM message... it could be the "IRQL less or qual", "Bad pool header", or even "your computer doesn't love you anymore"), or the computer just turn off the screen and restart from here

-The computer recopile information

-The computer restarts, then the system come up like if a Turned off the computer.
    please avoid to say "for the IRQL message you need to.... and for the pool message you need to..." because, just I say before, thoose messages are random.

please I need help with this, I can't hibernate the computer but I need to do it.

Can't start the computer after hibernating it- Original Title

JPZV5, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent this message from appearing when turning on my computer from hibernation?

1. How to prevent this message from appearing when turning on my computer from hibernation? - Similar Threads - prevent message appearing

2. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?: Hi! I went for a couple of months without using my HP Pavilion, and now the WiFi won’t reconnect at all. The second I click the button to turn it on it immediately turns off. I have checked the router, I have checked if airplane mode is on, and I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  3. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?: Hi! I went for a couple of months without using my HP Pavilion, and now the WiFi won’t reconnect at all. The second I click the button to turn it on it immediately turns off. I have checked the router, I have checked if airplane mode is on, and I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  4. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquareCereal724 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mykgvw/i_hate_it_when_nothing_prevents_me_from_turning/
  6. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  7. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation: Hi started using Hibernate mode all the time now, as it’s so much easier to resume work in progress, I am told it doesn’t use any more power than if the PC is shutdown. BUT I need to prevent my wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation. Have turned off option in mouse...
  8. How do I Prevent Devices from Turning on a Hibernated Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Prevent Devices from Turning on a Hibernated Windows 10 PC: I frequently hibernate my computer to turn it off without having to close programs I am currently working with. However, if I accidentally jiggle my mouse or press a key on my keyboard, my computer starts up again. Also, if I plug in my phone to charge it, my computer starts...
  9. How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate: How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate from keyboard or mouse ? I want it to wake up only from power button 128925
  10. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?: I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid when in sleep mode, but not for hibernation. I have tried: Power Options > System Settings > When i close the lid > do...