Windows 10: How to prevent touchpad minimizing window or invoking taskview & action center

Discus and support How to prevent touchpad minimizing window or invoking taskview & action center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have acquired a new small windows tablet with keyboard and I am having problems using the touchpad on the keyboard. Frequently and most annoyingly a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MymsMan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. MymsMan Win User

How to prevent touchpad minimizing window or invoking taskview & action center

I have acquired a new small windows tablet with keyboard and I am having problems using the touchpad on the keyboard.

Frequently and most annoyingly a normal single fingered movement on the touchpad will minimize my current window or cause it to switch to task view or cause the action centre to pop up.

I can find not find a setting to disable these very unhelpful short cuts, if I want to minimize a window or use taskview/action centre I will click on the button!

• I have disabled all 3/4 finger gestures
    • I have searched for driver updates, none available
    • Window 10 Home with all available updates installed

Any suggestions?

Registry updates perhaps?

:)

MymsMan, Dec 17, 2019

2. Why does action center keep poping up when I click the touchpad?

Hi Andrew,

To assist you better regarding your concern with the action center, we suggest that you follow these steps and see if it'll help resolves the concern:

• Right the Windows icon.

• Select Device Manager.

• Right click on Touchpad, then select Disable.

• Confirm selection - touchpad is disabled

• Repeat the steps, this time select Enable Touchpad.
    Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Dec 17, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Dec 17, 2019
  4. bl00keRs Win User

Action Center auto minimize actions

Hi all! As the question in title say.
    It is how it looks everytime on a new action by default.

How to prevent touchpad minimizing window or invoking taskview & action center [​IMG]

And here is what I want to achieve by auto.

How to prevent touchpad minimizing window or invoking taskview & action center [​IMG]

Is there a register hack/group policy setting for it? Couldn't find anything myself about it.
    I guess no one asked for it before.

bl00keRs, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prevent touchpad minimizing window or invoking taskview & action center - Similar Threads - prevent touchpad minimizing

2. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: I have windows 10. When I click on the icon in the lower right corner for the action center nothing happens. If I try to open it nothing happens. If I reboot sometimes it will work for a few days and then stop or it won't work at all....
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  5. Windows Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Action Center: When I updated my Pc , my windows action center became unresponsive, It gets close quickly once opened and none of the options like night light, location etc. are selectable. I tried all the methods given on web but nothing worked. I need an immediate solution for this plz....
  6. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  7. Action Center auto minimize actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center auto minimize actions: Hi all! As the question in title say. It is how it looks everytime on a new action by default. [img] And here is what I want to achieve by auto. [img] Is there a register hack/group policy setting for it? Couldn't find anything myself about it. I guess no one asked...
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593