Windows 10: How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

Discus and support How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; As the title says, Whenever I uninstall a specific App, it re-downloads itself a few minutes later without my permission, and I sorely wish to not use... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LastHazzerd, Aug 18, 2019.

1. How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

As the title says,
    Whenever I uninstall a specific App, it re-downloads itself a few minutes later without my permission, and I sorely wish to not use said app in favor of the internet browser version, which I cannot set to default because Windows 10 does not allow me to, since the browser is not on their approved list of default programs to use for this specific protocol.

For context, This is the twitter app i'm speaking of, for the default app protocol of clicking on a twitter URL. The OS refuses to let me chose an internet browser, such as edge, to be my default choice for twitter links, and forces the use of the desktop App that outright lacks features the browser version provides.

Question: How do I stop Windows 10 from downloading an App from the Microsoft App Store without my permission?

and if possible
    How do I prevent Windows 10 from opening a desktop App when I wish to use the Browser version?

I am not expecting a legitimate representative from Microsoft to answer this question, as that would mean they'd lose control over yet another thing they wish to make me do. But I AM hoping for other consumers to see this and respond with any solutions they have.

:)

LastHazzerd, Aug 18, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Aug 18, 2019
  4. How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

1. How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them? - Similar Threads - prevent unwanted Apps

2. how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically: Running Windows 10 ver 22H2 and Microsoft 365 ver 2306. Update KB5011048, .Net Framework 4.8.1, installed itself on 7/5/2023. After that almost all images in any emails would not display. Even in older emails that had previously displayed images properly. After...
  3. how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically: Running Windows 10 ver 22H2 and Microsoft 365 ver 2306. Update KB5011048, .Net Framework 4.8.1, installed itself on 7/5/2023. After that almost all images in any emails would not display. Even in older emails that had previously displayed images properly. After...
  4. how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to uninstall driver updates after installing them from windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall driver updates after installing them from windows update?: I installed this Dell VGA driver update, and since then my HDMI port isn't working, i checked windows update to uninstall it, but didn't allow meand also it's not listed in the Device manger even though i clicked show hidden devices. Tried reinstall gpu drivers, and updating...
  6. How do I re-install Email and calendar app after removing them?

How do I re-install Email and calendar app after removing them?: How do I re-install Email and calendar app after removing them? Apps would not launchalong with MS app store, that one I re-installed no problemFollowed advice to use powershell to remove non-working apps, cant find them in store, to re-install, as advised???...
  7. How to re-install OneDrive app on my SurfacePro 4 after uninstalling this app?

How to re-install OneDrive app on my SurfacePro 4 after uninstalling this app?: I have 365 on my tablet PC, and I uninstalled the OneDrive apps in anticipation of taking it to repair for a battery replacement. Now I don't know how to restore this OneDrive app....
  8. Uninstall unwanted apps

Uninstall unwanted apps: Hi to everyone, after major update i did from windows version 1803 to 1809 ,i am experiencing a problem.Whenever i open my computer there are some unwanted appps and games that are automatically installed even if i delete them,even if i turn off automatic updates from...
  9. How to Prevent from re-install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Prevent from re-install updates: Hi, I want to uninstall last AU Update (ver. 105) because it takes too long restarting Windows (from 46s to over 1min. 6s), but I believe Windows will at once re-install the Update. How to prevent this? Thank you. 63091
  10. Re-Install after Uninstall

Re-Install after Uninstall: After installing Win 10 I found 2 apps that would not execute under Win 10. I uninstalled Win 10 using the provided re-install Win 7. I have solved the problem with the apps and I would like to re-install Win 10. How do I receive the invitation to install Win 10 again, or is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update apps after uninstalling apps

2. how to prevent unwanted app from installing

3. prevent windows installing apps without my permission

4. prevent removed apps from reinstalling samsang