Windows 10: How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install

Discus and support How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a 64gb Microsoft Surface Go, Windows 10. Vanilla flavour, just used for email and browsing. Of the 64gb, there's normally around 4gb free,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KeithOugden, Nov 23, 2022.

1. How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install

I have a 64gb Microsoft Surface Go, Windows 10. Vanilla flavour, just used for email and browsing. Of the 64gb, there's normally around 4gb free, absolutely fine.A week ago, windows update - UNASKED - tried to install Windows 11. The first I knew was when I saw the message "update failed, insufficient storage". All the 4gb had been used. I contacted MS tech support for two reasons:1. Could they remove whatever parts of Windows 11 that had been downloaded.2. How could I stop the issue returning at the next windows update cycle.The technician took over the machine, and deleted a bunch of files.

:)

KeithOugden, Nov 23, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 23, 2022
  4. How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install

1. How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install - Similar Threads - prevent unwanted trying

2. Windows 11; how to prevent KB5026372 from installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11; how to prevent KB5026372 from installing: Hello,The recent security update KB5026372 for Windows 11 somewhat breaks L2TP connections. By breaks I mean that KB5026372 reduces throughput over the L2TP connection dramatically, making it unusable. This was determined by uninstalling KB5026372, after which the L2TP...
  3. Windows 11; how to prevent KB5026372 from installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11; how to prevent KB5026372 from installing: Hello,The recent security update KB5026372 for Windows 11 somewhat breaks L2TP connections. By breaks I mean that KB5026372 reduces throughput over the L2TP connection dramatically, making it unusable. This was determined by uninstalling KB5026372, after which the L2TP...
  4. How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install: I have a 64gb Microsoft Surface Go, Windows 10. Vanilla flavour, just used for email and browsing. Of the 64gb, there's normally around 4gb free, absolutely fine.A week ago, windows update - UNASKED - tried to install Windows 11. The first I knew was when I saw the message...
  5. How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent unwanted windows 11 trying to install: I have a 64gb Microsoft Surface Go, Windows 10. Vanilla flavour, just used for email and browsing. Of the 64gb, there's normally around 4gb free, absolutely fine.A week ago, windows update - UNASKED - tried to install Windows 11. The first I knew was when I saw the message...
  6. Preventing an unwanted change in the mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Preventing an unwanted change in the mouse cursor: One of my programs in x32Win10ProV20H2 has the hotkey CTRL SHFT which turns the mouse cursor into a text-capture tool. I find that conversion happening frequently without me applying the hotkey. How might this be caused ? - or more importantly, how can it be prevented ? The...
  7. Preventing unwanted change in mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preventing unwanted change in mouse cursor: One of my programs in x32Win10ProV20H2 has the hotkey CTRL SHFT which turns the mouse cursor into a text-capture tool. I find that conversion happening VERY frequently without me applying the hotkey. How might this be caused ? - or more importantly, how can it be prevented ?...
  8. Unwanted Microsoft Store pop-ups preventing installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted Microsoft Store pop-ups preventing installs: Hey, Whenever I try to install an app outside of the Microsoft Store, a Microsoft Store screen pops up and starts infinitely loading. It doesn't let me install anything. I've tried clearing the store cache and deleting and reinstalling it, but nothing works. What could be...
  9. How to prevent unwanted moving of folders and files?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to prevent unwanted moving of folders and files?: It's all too easy to move a file or folder in the Windows Explorer: only a mouse drag away. My father is getting older and his control of the mouse is deteriorating. And so it has happenend already a couple of times that he managed to move folders and files all over the...
  10. How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?: As the title says, Whenever I uninstall a specific App, it re-downloads itself a few minutes later without my permission, and I sorely wish to not use said app in favor of the internet browser version, which I cannot set to default because Windows 10 does not allow me to,...