Windows 10: How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?

Discus and support How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; win10 I found on net the solution -to put the shortcuts in the public desktop folder [/this pc/local disk/users/public/public desktop ] - but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tuiskuIK, Jul 14, 2019.

1. tuiskuIK Win User

How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?

win10

I found on net the solution -to put the shortcuts in the public desktop folder

[/this pc/local disk/users/public/public desktop ]

- but it doesn't work for me -and the user still can delete them

what can I do?

:)

tuiskuIK, Jul 14, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jul 14, 2019
  4. How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?

shortcuts for all users

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know are you trying to create shortcut for all user?

If you are trying to create shortcut for all user try the below steps and check.

• Click on start menu and select
      file explorer

• Click on OS(CHow to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk? :) and click on user folder.

• Click on view on top of the right pane and check on
      Hidden item box.

• Now you can copy and paste the shortcut that you want on the folder.
    Hope it this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?

1. How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk? - Similar Threads - prevent user deleting

2. How to prevent users from deleting search history on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent users from deleting search history on Windows 11.: How can I lock down my search history to where no one can delete it?Or perhaps, is there a way to lock to down to where you need a password to delete it and make it more difficult?...
  3. How to prevent users from deleting search history on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent users from deleting search history on Windows 11.: How can I lock down my search history to where no one can delete it?Or perhaps, is there a way to lock to down to where you need a password to delete it and make it more difficult?...
  4. Delete shortcuts from one user only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete shortcuts from one user only: So i just made a new user for my wife on our laptop.Then i logged in to the new account and saw that all my shortcuts is on her desktop.I then delete the shortcut for steam and some other apps she doesn't use.When i switch to my user all the shortcuts i deleted from her user...
  5. Delete shortcuts from one user only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete shortcuts from one user only: So i just made a new user for my wife on our laptop.Then i logged in to the new account and saw that all my shortcuts is on her desktop.I then delete the shortcut for steam and some other apps she doesn't use.When i switch to my user all the shortcuts i deleted from her user...
  6. How to prevent users from deleting Printers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from deleting Printers in Windows 10: The Add and remove a device or printer option is available in Control Panel. These options are available for all users. However, if an administrator wants, he can remove the access to these options for local users. This article will guide you on how to prevent users from...
  7. How to delete this shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete this shortcut?: [ATTACH] anyone knows how i can delete this old icloud Photos shortcut? its not working anymore and I already delete the original Folder. submitted by /u/smojito [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4x5bh/how_to_delete_this_shortcut/
  8. desk top shortcut/icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top shortcut/icons: you know those short cut icons on your desk top? for your browser, and different software like adobe and stuff? I was just cleaning my keyboard, and hit function key or other, any way, I accidently changed the size of those things from normal to gigantic. How do get the...
  9. desk top shortcuts not shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desk top shortcuts not shown: desktop short cuts not displayed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-shortcuts-not-shown/9224f33f-eb73-436b-8659-1d269661c054"
  10. prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts: Hi. I have a Windows 10 home PC where I need to prevent users from deleting or changing shortcuts on the desktop or taskbar. I will settle for not deleting them if I am asking for too much. I have implemented an Admin Account and a standard user account. People are only...