Windows 10: How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10

Discus and support How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from accessing the Drives in File Explorer, then […] This article How to prevent users from accessing Drives in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Oct 18, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent users accessing

2. How can I prevent user access to Proxy Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent user access to Proxy Settings on Windows 10?: Hello, I have tried to prevent access to the proxy settings specifically the "Manual Proxy Setup" settings using the Registry Editor without luck Proxy, 0 -> 1; ProxyPerUser, 0 -> 1.Does anyone know a foolproof way to do this? Thanks....
  3. How can I prevent user access to Proxy Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent user access to Proxy Settings on Windows 10?: Hello, I have tried to prevent access to the proxy settings specifically the "Manual Proxy Setup" settings using the Registry Editor without luck Proxy, 0 -> 1; ProxyPerUser, 0 -> 1.Does anyone know a foolproof way to do this? Thanks....
  4. How can I prevent user access to Proxy Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I prevent Windows 10 users from accessing the drive where Windows 11 is installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Windows 10 users from accessing the drive where Windows 11 is installed...: Hello!I have just dual-booted Windows 10 with Windows 11. I am noticing that when I am in Windows 11 I can see and access the drive where Windows 10 is installed; in windows 10 I can do the same with the drive where windows 11 is installed. In Windows 10 there are multiple...
  6. How do I prevent Windows 10 users from accessing the drive where Windows 11 is installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent Windows 10 users from accessing the drive where Windows 11 is installed...: Hello!I have just dual-booted Windows 10 with Windows 11. I am noticing that when I am in Windows 11 I can see and access the drive where Windows 10 is installed; in windows 10 I can do the same with the drive where windows 11 is installed. In Windows 10 there are multiple...
  7. What prevents one Windows 10 PC from accessing another Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What prevents one Windows 10 PC from accessing another Windows 10 PC?: I have set up file sharing between 2 computers, both running the latest version of Windows 10; both logged in using my Microsoft account credentials; both running the same firewall and anti-malware software; etc. Both computers can "see" each other on the network. Using File...
  8. How to prevent users from deleting Printers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from deleting Printers in Windows 10: The Add and remove a device or printer option is available in Control Panel. These options are available for all users. However, if an administrator wants, he can remove the access to these options for local users. This article will guide you on how to prevent users from...
  9. How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10: At times, you might want to prevent users from changing the theme in Windows 10 computers. If so, you can use the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor to block other users from changing the Windows 10 theme. Prevent users from changing Theme in Windows 10 using...
  10. Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Application From Accessing Drive: Is it possible to prevent an application like Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, etc. from accessing a drive (e.g., D:\) or a folder (e.g., D:\Data)? Ideally I want one application on my system to not have read access to one of the drives on my system....