Windows 10: How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

Discus and support How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Changing the mouse pointer according to the theme we use in Windows 10 is normal. There are a lot of options available to change. But these mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

Changing the mouse pointer according to the theme we use in Windows 10 is normal. There are a lot of options available to change. But these mouse pointers might be confusing if a computer is used by many people. It takes time to get accustomed to the new mouse pointer. The only fix to this is to prevent users from changing the mouse pointer. In this guide, we show you how you can prevent users from changing mouse pointer in Windows 10.

Regular change of mouse pointers might be confusing. Every user might not be open to different types of mouse pointers. The default mouse pointer is the most preferred mouse pointer for the majority of users. Changing it to a different one makes things hard for them. Let’s see how we can prevent users from changing mouse pointers on Windows 10.

Prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers

To prevent users from changing mouse pointers on Windows 10,

1. Open Group Policy Editor
    2. Locate Prevent changing mouse pointers GPO
    3. Right-click on it and Enable it.

Let’s see the process in detail.

You can only prevent users from changing mouse pointer only by editing the group policy. To do that you need to access Group Policy Editor. Press Win+R on the keyboard and type gpedit.msc in the Run box and press Enter.

How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 Run-Box-gpedit.png

It will open the Local Group Policy Editor window. Click on the User Configuration folder and select Administrative Templates in the folder. Then click on Control Panel and then Personalization. In the Personalization folder, you will find a file with the name Prevent changing mouse pointers. How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 Local-Group-Policy-Editor.png

Right-click on it and select Edit from the context menu.

How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 Edit-Prevent-Changing-Mouse-Pointers.png

A prevent changing mouse pointers dialog box will open. Check the radio button beside Enabled and click on Apply and then on OK.

How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 Enable-Prevent-Changing-Mouse-Pointer.png

It will remove the option to change the mouse pointers. You need to disable the setting to get the option to change mouse pointers.

This is how you can prevent users from changing mouse pointers on Windows 10.

Read No Cursor movement, Mouse Cursor moves erratically.

How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 Local-Group-Policy-Editor.png
    This article How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 25, 2021
  2. Shawn Brink, May 25, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 25, 2021
  4. How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, May 25, 2021
Thema:

How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

1. How to prevent Users from changing Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent Users changing

2. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  3. Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer erratically changing from arrow pointer, to open hand, and hand with pointer...: I’m on windows 10, and ONLY on the Edge browser does this happen. When my mouse is still, the cursor is an open hand . When my cursor goes over any text, a link, or any button, it starts erratically and very quickly changing through all of these mouse pointers. It is so...
  4. How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10: At times, you might want to prevent users from changing the theme in Windows 10 computers. If so, you can use the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor to block other users from changing the Windows 10 theme. Prevent users from changing Theme in Windows 10 using...
  5. How to change mouse pointers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change mouse pointers: Hi, I have downloaded a mouse pointer pack that includes pointers that you get while hovering over text or when you are over something clickable. However, I can't seem to find a way to apply them all. I can just apply one of them as they become the standard mouse pointer, is...
  6. how to change color of mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change color of mouse pointer: How do I change the color of the mouse pointer ( Arrowhead ) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-color-of-mouse-pointer/6d221cc6-d345-4eae-9137-3a379c7bc190
  7. Prevent Users from Changing IPV4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent Users from Changing IPV4: Hello: I work in small company have medical system management, and we face a little problem, We install our system on local Network, Domain and Clients, we don't have dhcp on our domain for a reason, but sometimes users change the static IP address we put, we put the ip and...
  8. How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties: looking for mouse pointer properties. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-the-mouse-pointer-size-mouse/5781e25a-e477-4e72-b6ba-01264df8fe28
  9. Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the switch between themes as...
  10. Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Pointers and Change Pointer Color and Size in Windows 10 How to Change Mouse Pointers and Change Pointer Color and Size in Windows 10 A mouse pointer or cursor is a graphical image on the PC monitor or other display device. The pointer echoes...