Windows 10: How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location

Discus and support How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location on Windows […] This article How to prevent users from changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 20, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location

WinClub, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Unable to change default user folders location from OneDrive to local disk.

Hi, I want to change the location of my user folders(Documents, Pictures etc...) from OneDrive to my local disk. It is now currently set to C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\<user folder> and I want it to be at C:\Users\<username>\<user folder> . I moved my files
    from the OneDrive folder to my corresponding user folders but the default location still points to the OneDrive folder.

Any help is appreciated.

Anant Narayan, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location - Similar Threads - prevent users changing

2. How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder: Hello everyone, my device win 11, I have a little problem, I have moved the user folder and program files from Drive :C, to Drive :D. well, I forgot how to restore or re-move program files and users data to Drive : C again, I've searched in the browser but never found the...
  3. How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the location of "Program Files" and "Users" folder: Hello everyone, my device win 11, I have a little problem, I have moved the user folder and program files from Drive :C, to Drive :D. well, I forgot how to restore or re-move program files and users data to Drive : C again, I've searched in the browser but never found the...
  4. User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry: Hello, I have never used one dirve and uninstalled it long ago. However I realized that i had a onedrive folder in my FE pane that contained duplicated fodlers of my user folders pictures, documents, etc. I wasn't sure if these were real duplicates taking up 2x space on my...
  5. User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry: Hello, I have never used one dirve and uninstalled it long ago. However I realized that i had a onedrive folder in my FE pane that contained duplicated fodlers of my user folders pictures, documents, etc. I wasn't sure if these were real duplicates taking up 2x space on my...
  6. User folder contains duplicate folders after changing location from onedrive via registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to prevent users from changing Camera, Location, Microphone preferences in Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing Camera, Location, Microphone preferences in Firefox: If you want to prevent users from changing Camera, Location and Microphone preferences in the Firefox browser, here is how you can do that. Although any user can allow or block a particular website from using the camera, location, and microphone, you can disable that...
  8. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...
  9. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive: I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing, so I want it to STOP syncing from my PC to the server. All of the guides I found were only how to stop syncing from OneDrive...
  10. Unable to change default user folders location from OneDrive to local disk.

Unable to change default user folders location from OneDrive to local disk.: Hi, I want to change the location of my user foldersDocuments, Pictures etc... from OneDrive to my local disk. It is now currently set to C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\<user folder> and I want it to be at C:\Users\<username>\<user folder> . I moved my files from the OneDrive...