Windows 10: How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge

Discus and support How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It is possible to import browsing data, saved passwords, etc., from other browsers in Edge. But if you wish, you can stop or prevent users from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge

It is possible to import browsing data, saved passwords, etc., from other browsers in Edge. But if you wish, you can stop or prevent users from importing data into Edge using Registry Editor and Local Group Policy Editor. You can allow or block autofill form data, browser setting, browsing history, cookies, extensions, favorites, home page […]

This article How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Import from a browser

To import favorites from Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox into Microsoft Edge, follow these steps.

In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more> Settings> Import from another browser.

Choose the browser from which you want to import (only the browsers installed on this computer will be shown in the list) and then select Import.

Recommendation: To show favorites in the bookmarks bar, select Settings and more> Settings and activate show favorites bar. Then select Hub> Favorites and drag the ones you want into the Favorites Bar folder.

I hope this can help

regards

MiguelChiappori, Mar 28, 2021
  4. How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge

Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

It only imports my bookmarks, not my active logins

Pagefile'sys, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge

1. How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge - Similar Threads - prevent users importing

2. How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge: You can prevent others from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Although extensions are supposed to enhance your user experience, at times, they might make things worse. You can therefore block others from...
  3. Microsoft Edge bug prevents users from closing the browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge bug prevents users from closing the browser on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge was recently updated with “Startup boost“, a new feature that allows the browser to launch even faster after a system reboot on Windows 10. For those uninitiated, the startup boost feature maximizes Microsoft Edge’s performance on Windows 10 by launching...
  4. How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge: At times, you might not want to allow other users to download files on your computer. If you are using the Microsoft Edge browser, things are relatively straightforward. Here is how to prevent users from downloading files in the Edge browser. You can set the filter for...
  5. Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser: How may I import Bookmarks and Passwords into MS Edge from Waterfox Browser? OS: Win10x64 Pro 20H2: 19042.804 Thanks, Don 174338
  6. Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser: How may I import Bookmarks and Passwords into MS Edge from Waterfox Browser? OS: Win10x64 Pro 20H2: 19042.804 Thanks, Don 174338
  7. Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers: Is there a way to tell the new Microsoft Edge to stop importing stuff from the old (IE?) information stored on the Microsoft servers? EVERY time I install Edge on a new system I get all the old favorites and bookmarks from years ago on all the systems use Edge with Sync...
  8. Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers: Is there a way to tell the new Microsoft Edge to stop importing stuff from the old (IE?) information stored on the Microsoft servers? EVERY time I install Edge on a new system I get all the old favorites and bookmarks from years ago on all the systems use Edge with Sync...
  9. cant import booksmarks from other browsers to Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant import booksmarks from other browsers to Chromium Edge: as the title says. click on it on the setting menu, nothing happens. is it known? submitted by /u/Dio141 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekgwiz/cant_import_booksmarks_from_other_browsers_to/
  10. How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create...