Windows 10: how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...

Discus and support how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After you get the prompt to enter the administrator password you can just click on NO and after that you get the message from the browser installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by malcolmrios gonzalez, Nov 23, 2022.

1. how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...

After you get the prompt to enter the administrator password you can just click on NO and after that you get the message from the browser installation wizard telling you Brave-Release or the name of the browser you are installing can be installed without administrator privileges. Continue? see attached screenshot. IF you just click on yes it lets you get the software installation completed. We want to avoid this. We are running Windows 10 Pro.

:)

malcolmrios gonzalez, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Google Chrome Offline Installer

OK, so I've just wasted a lot of time trying to download the offline installer for Chrome that also gives me all users installed into \programs\ and not into single user installed under user\documents.... I also want it in English. If you aren't careful the chrome page tries to FORCE a local installer language based on your current location. I hate that *Wink how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,... ;)

So here is the link for ENGLISH, OFFLINE, ALL USERS

Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google

Once installed, remember to edit your shortcut, as follows:

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disk-cache-dir=z:\ where "z" is the directory or drive for your scratch file (cache). I put that in a ramdisk. Lightning fast and avoids write-wear/write-trashing of your SSD.

how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,... [​IMG]

Completely Bonkers, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Solaris17 Win User

how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...

"Fake" adblockers affect 20m+ chrome users

This is the importance of doing some research and not installing the first thing you see at the top of the list. I am sure this also goes for other browsers as well. Either way, education is always key. Read the article below.

Over 20,000,000 of Chrome Users are Victims of Fake Ad Blockers

Solaris17, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...

1. how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,... - Similar Threads - prevent users installing

2. how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...: After you get the prompt to enter the administrator password you can just click on NO and after that you get the message from the browser installation wizard telling you Brave-Release or the name of the browser you are installing can be installed without administrator...
  3. how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent users from installing non-provileges browser installation such as chrome,...: After you get the prompt to enter the administrator password you can just click on NO and after that you get the message from the browser installation wizard telling you Brave-Release or the name of the browser you are installing can be installed without administrator...
  4. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  5. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  6. How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge: You can prevent others from installing extensions in Microsoft Edge using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Although extensions are supposed to enhance your user experience, at times, they might make things worse. You can therefore block others from...
  7. how to install google chrome as browser

how to install google chrome as browser: how to install google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-google-chrome-as-browser/1611a953-4c79-46bc-963c-9369156f5a83
  8. Group policy prevents Chrome installation

in Browsers and Email
    Group policy prevents Chrome installation: Running Windows 10 on a Dell Insiprion 3847 with 16GB RAM. When I try to install the Chrome browser, I get this message: "Your network administrator has applied a Group Policy that prevents installation." How do I clear this group policy? 126416
  9. Group policy prevents Chrome installation

Group policy prevents Chrome installation: Running Windows 10 on a Dell Insiprion 3847 with 16GB RAM. When I try to install the Chrome browser, I get this message: "Your network administrator has applied a Group Policy that prevents installation." How do I clear this group policy? 126416
  10. How to prevent standard users from installing apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to prevent standard users from installing apps: H guys, Currently i have a laptop with 1 admin and 1 standard user account. I want to prevent standard users account from installing any programs and also prevent them from messing around with the settings like changing the wallpaper or themes or any other settings. my...