Windows 10: How to prevent users from running certain games?

Discus and support How to prevent users from running certain games? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have a internet cafe, many people come to my internet cafe and play games computers like Counter Strike, Dota and online games. I closed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alihoushyaripour, Feb 28, 2019.

1. How to prevent users from running certain games?

Hello

I have a internet cafe, many people come to my internet cafe and play games computers like Counter Strike, Dota and online games.

I closed the access to their games in the firewall and registry, but after that I noticed that they installed the games on the USB device and run from it or sometimes play online games from browser.

I'm looking for a way to close their access to all kinds of games (from hard drive, usb and browser)

Anyone can give me a suggestion?

:)

alihoushyaripour, Feb 28, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 28, 2019
  4. How to prevent users from running certain games?

Can't run game RTK X on Windows 10 64bit

Hi lợilê1,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why a certain game will not work. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Are you experiencing the same concern with your other games?
    • Are you getting any error code or error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps, I suggest that you check the link below and follow the steps provided:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent users from running certain games?

1. How to prevent users from running certain games? - Similar Threads - prevent users running

2. Windows 10 Administrator User Account has Issues Running Certain Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Administrator User Account has Issues Running Certain Games: Hello! I am trying to run The Elder Scrolls Online, I have the proper hardware and software, but when I run it on a User that has administrator priveleges My main account it crashes on launch, but if I play it on a Test User account that has no Administrator Privileges it...
  3. Windows 10 Administrator User Account has Issues Running Certain Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Administrator User Account has Issues Running Certain Games: Hello! I am trying to run The Elder Scrolls Online, I have the proper hardware and software, but when I run it on a User that has administrator priveleges My main account it crashes on launch, but if I play it on a Test User account that has no Administrator Privileges it...
  4. How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge: At times, you might not want to allow other users to download files on your computer. If you are using the Microsoft Edge browser, things are relatively straightforward. Here is how to prevent users from downloading files in the Edge browser. You can set the filter for...
  5. How to prevent certain program from auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  6. How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?: I recently ported my entire photo library onto my laptop from my phone. There are several thousand pictures that now download automatically from iCloud periodically. The problem is that OneDrive is trying to automatically upload these photos to my OneDrive Account, and...
  7. How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?: win10 I found on net the solution -to put the shortcuts in the public desktop folder [/this pc/local disk/users/public/public desktop ] - but it doesn't work for me -and the user still can delete them what can I do?...
  8. How to prevent Cortona processes from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Cortona processes from running: I have Windows 10, and have disabled its processes before so they don't run. I can kill them in task manager, but want to prevent them from running entirely yet again. MS re-enables Cortana on every update, and has made it harder to disable in its entirety. I do not want...
  9. How to prevent standard users from installing apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to prevent standard users from installing apps: H guys, Currently i have a laptop with 1 admin and 1 standard user account. I want to prevent standard users account from installing any programs and also prevent them from messing around with the settings like changing the wallpaper or themes or any other settings. my...
  10. prevent access to certain folder from an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    prevent access to certain folder from an account: hi my computer has 2 accounts, both administrators. one is mine, the other is my wife's. I have a folder that contains pictures and videos which I don't want my wife to view/access. I DO need the indexing search mechanism to keep indexing it but I don't want the...