Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 64 bit from unexpectedly shut off computer?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 64 bit from unexpectedly shut off computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would be interested in knowing how to prevent Windows 10 Home 64 bit from suddenly shutting off the computer automatically and ALL by itself. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MSwhip, Feb 29, 2020.

1. MSwhip Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 64 bit from unexpectedly shut off computer?

I would be interested in knowing how to prevent Windows 10 Home 64 bit from suddenly shutting off the computer automatically and ALL by itself.

Thank You Kindly

:)

MSwhip, Feb 29, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Paulieg Win User

OK, first complete your system specs, as it will help us diagnose your problem. Second, can you be a bit more descriptive about the "shut off"? Does it go through the windows shut down procedure, or does the power just shut off completely?

Paulieg, Feb 29, 2020
  4. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 10 64 bit from unexpectedly shut off computer? - Similar Threads - prevent bit unexpectedly

2. How to downgrade from 64-bit Windows 10 to 32-bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to downgrade from 64-bit Windows 10 to 32-bit: Hi This is another help topic which you may be interested in. This tutorial shows how you can downgrade to 32-bit Windows 10 from 64-bit. Let's get started! PLEASE BACKUP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA BEFORE YOU CONTINUE. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DATA IS LOST....
  3. how-to-switch-from-32-bit-windows-10-to-64-bit-win dows-10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how-to-switch-from-32-bit-windows-10-to-64-bit-win dows-10: I am running Windows 10 32-bit operating system on x64-based processor. I like to switch to 64-bit. Laptop is old and Lenovo answered me that there are not available Windows 10 drivers for my machine. But I already works with 32-bit Win 10? If I make clean installation of...
  4. How to stop Windows 10 64 bit from shutting off automatically itself?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Windows 10 64 bit from shutting off automatically itself?: What are the steps to set Windows to prevent from closing the computer by itself? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-10-64-bit-from-shutting-off/9e0e0442-cb30-423d-84f1-933695778f1a
  5. How to upgrade from windows 10 pro 32 bit to 64 bit?????

How to upgrade from windows 10 pro 32 bit to 64 bit?????: My desktop has 32 bit windows 10 pro OS installed..... I wish to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS.... Because, my desktop has 6 GB ram.... Also, I need all my personal files..... What does the linked picture mean???? Can I keep all my personal files...
  6. My computer will not update from 32 bit Windows 10 to 64 bit.

My computer will not update from 32 bit Windows 10 to 64 bit.: Okay so recently I had a problem with my computer and had to reset it, I re-installed windows 10 from a disc, it came with 32 bit windows. I really only use my computer for games and I can't play a lot of those without having 64 bit windows. I've had 64 bit in the past, so I...
  7. Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit): Will there be a patch to install Windows 10 64 bit on our older computers? I know about the 32 bit version being compatible, but the AMD Athlon cpu's were originally designed to run 64 bit applications. Most of the cpu's have more than enough power for the OS. I'm sure there...
  8. Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly: Hello. I am having a problem with my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer, every few often my computer would shut off without warning (like if the power cable was pulled out). So i had gone to the windows event viewer and there was a Critical Kernel-Power 41 (63) error. Can...
  9. Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit, how to...

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit, how to...: Good evening folks, I inadvertantly installed win 7 32 bit on having to reinstall Windows a few weeks back, without realising (Yes, I know...!), and have since upgraded to Windows 10 (32 bit). Some of my programs will work better under 64 bit. Once I've moved everything...
  10. How to Upgrade Windows from 32 Bit to 64 Bit

How to Upgrade Windows from 32 Bit to 64 Bit: When I downloaded Windows 8 Pro a few years ago my PC only had 1GB of RAM, so it installed the 32 Bit version. I have since added another GB of RAM. When Windows 10 is released, will I be able to download and install the 64 Bit version, or am I stuck with the 32 Bit version...