Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 automatically encrypts any file downloaded to the desktop or any other external drive (lock icon appears). I have to right-click the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Seb123456789_858, Jan 27, 2019.

1. How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files?

Windows 10 automatically encrypts any file downloaded to the desktop or any other external drive (lock icon appears). I have to right-click the file(s), go to Properties > Advanced and uncheck "encrypt contents to secure data."

If I change the filename or copy the file, it will be encrypted again.

I would like to stop Windows 10 from automatically encrypting any files. I've been unable to find any solution for this.

:)

Seb123456789_858, Jan 27, 2019

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 27, 2019
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files?

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files?

1. How to prevent Windows 10 automatically encrypting files? - Similar Threads - prevent automatically encrypting

2. Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop: So a few days ago I was trying to put a password on a zip file, and I'm not quite sure what I did, but now everytime I create a new folder ou file, it automatically encrypts and I have no idea how to remove it.I tried searching on the web how to solve it, and came across this...
  3. Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop: So a few days ago I was trying to put a password on a zip file, and I'm not quite sure what I did, but now everytime I create a new folder ou file, it automatically encrypts and I have no idea how to remove it.I tried searching on the web how to solve it, and came across this...
  4. Windows automatic encrypting files in Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent applications from automatically removing files.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent applications from automatically removing files.: version 1903 is there any way to prevent applications from deleting files within certain folders on my pc? i want the folders to still be writable, but not allow anything to delete files after they have been made or moved into the folder. my main concern for this is steam,...
  6. how to prevent automatic windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to prevent automatic windows update: I wish to check what the windows update does and only install ones I want. There are too many that I do not need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-automatic-windows-update/55cf74a6-0ead-460c-8dc7-71a6e3ac95cb
  7. Desktop is encrypting files automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop is encrypting files automatically: I recently got this new and very annoying problem on my laptop Any file that goes through the desktop is automatically encrypted. Any word/excel/photo etc file that goes through the desktop is encrypted and receives this small padlock on it. After doing a lot of digging...
  8. Do not automatically encrypt files moved to encrypted folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Do not automatically encrypt files moved to encrypted folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you prefer keeping your files and folder encrypted, you might have run into the EFS or Encryption File System algorithm. This is an inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and helps the user in securing their precious data. There is [...] This post Do not automatically...
  9. Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Windows 10 encrypting all files automatically: All files created on my surface appear with a lock on the file icon. When i go in to properties>advanced, all files have "Encrypt content to secure data" automatically selected. i cant deselect this otption and the file becomes unencreypted, but any time i move or change any...
  10. How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10: [ATTACH] EFS Encryption is present in Windows OS out of the box. It is shipped together with BitLocker encryption that is also shipped out of the box. Though they work in the same manner, the main difference between the two is [...] This post How to encrypt files with EFS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How To Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically crypt files