Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laserray70, Jan 14, 2021.

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even deleted the OneDrive folder.

But with Windows update and even when I run SFC /SCANNOW, the OneDrive folder magically reappears.

How can this madness be stopped?

I simply don't want OneDrive plain and simple.

It would be sad if I was forced to re-delete the folder with every update from now to eternity well, at least til windows 10 support ends

:)

Laserray70, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Freezer Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - prevent creating OneDrive

2. How do I prevent a folder from uploading to OneDrive from my device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent a folder from uploading to OneDrive from my device?: I see this question posted many times elsewhere and answered with a link for instructions. But they all answered incorrectly! Other respondents report how to prevent a folder from being downloaded from the cloud to a device. I want to keep a folder on my device from taking up...
  3. How do I prevent a folder from uploading to OneDrive from my device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent a folder from uploading to OneDrive from my device?: I see this question posted many times elsewhere and answered with a link for instructions. But they all answered incorrectly! Other respondents report how to prevent a folder from being downloaded from the cloud to a device. I want to keep a folder on my device from taking up...
  4. How do I prevent a folder from uploading to OneDrive from my device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  6. How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location on Windows […] This article How to prevent users from changing the OneDrive folder location first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive: I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing, so I want it to STOP syncing from my PC to the server. All of the guides I found were only how to stop syncing from OneDrive...
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?: I guess the title says it all but here's an example: I want to create a (.txt) file on my machine on my user but I don't want Windows to store extra information such as my user name. So, anyone has any idea how to achieve this OTHER than MANUALLY deleting the metadata...
  9. OneDrive Creates New Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...