Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I guess the title says it all but here's an example: I want to create a (.txt) file on my machine on my user but I don't want Windows to store extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scorpiax7, Feb 17, 2020.

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?

I guess the title says it all but here's an example: I want to create a (.txt) file on my machine on my user but I don't want Windows to store extra information such as my user name.

So, anyone has any idea how to achieve this OTHER than MANUALLY deleting the metadata myself?

submitted by /u/Scorpiax7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scorpiax7, Feb 17, 2020
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Feb 17, 2020
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata? - Similar Threads - prevent creating metadata

2. Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?: Hi there,Is it possible to prevent desktop shortcuts from automatically being created when installing a new app? Old Windows versions provided that option during installation but I haven't seen it so far for anything I've installed. Preferably I would like to be able to set...
  3. Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?: Hi there,Is it possible to prevent desktop shortcuts from automatically being created when installing a new app? Old Windows versions provided that option during installation but I haven't seen it so far for anything I've installed. Preferably I would like to be able to set...
  4. Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions": How do I turn off "Protected Partitions" so that Windows 10 will NEVER create one again?I do not need to know how to delete or recover Protected Partitions. I just need to know how to prevent them....
  5. Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions": How do I turn off "Protected Partitions" so that Windows 10 will NEVER create one again?I do not need to know how to delete or recover Protected Partitions. I just need to know how to prevent them....
  6. Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder: I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even deleted the OneDrive folder. But with Windows update and even when I run SFC /SCANNOW, the OneDrive folder magically...
  8. How to prevent creating local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent creating local users: I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new local account... Some thing that are done, child is on standart account NOT admin, still can create a new local acc and even...
  9. How to keep the "created" metadata ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to keep the "created" metadata ?: Good afternoon everybody. I am having an issue and whatever research I made didn't give me a solution. I am trying to send a photo from a "lenovo Windows 10", I would like for the person to receive and download the Photo. The most important is for the metadata to not...
  10. How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ?: [ATTACH] When I did a Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1803 this was not here. After doing a update to Windows 10 Pro 1809 (Oct. Update) now I have this extra Recovery partition on my main Windows SSD drive. I would prefer not to have to start over again with a fresh...