Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 from disabling touchpad

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 from disabling touchpad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like to set up my laptop on my desk with my monitor as main and use the laptop as second screen. However, whenever I do this, the goddamn touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flip86, Apr 13, 2021.

1. /u/Flip86 Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 from disabling touchpad

I like to set up my laptop on my desk with my monitor as main and use the laptop as second screen. However, whenever I do this, the goddamn touchpad gets disabled. Every time. Why is this a thing? How can I stop this from happening? It's kind of annoying when I diconnect and take it with me that the touchpad is disabled. I gotta always remember to re enable it before I take it on the go.

submitted by /u/Flip86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flip86, Apr 13, 2021

2. Unable to disable touchpad in Windows 10

Hi,

I would suggest you to try uninstalling the touchpad driver by following the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand mice and other pointing devices.

4. Right click on the touchpad driver and uninstall
    it.

5. Restart the system.

After uninstalling the touchpad driver and restart the computer, it will automatically re-install generic touchpad driver. However, you can disable the touchpad option from device manager.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

If the issue still persist follow the link suggested by Seth on July 30, 2015 and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Cannot disable touchpad with Windows 10

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from disabling touchpad - Similar Threads - prevent disabling touchpad

2. How to disable Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable Touchpad?: The following info is virtually useless.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad/e256f2cb-a6c1-4496-a411-543e7b49d97cbecause Control Panel -> Mouse does not have a Device Settings Tab on my machineBecause Device Manager -> Mouse has two2...
  3. How to Disable Touchpad???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Touchpad???: Well, I made the mistake of allowing my laptop to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have a several years old HP laptop that has an ELAN. I am accustomed to and prefer using a wireless mouse, not the touchpad. Before I allowed the update, I had managed to configure the...
  4. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable touchpad: Sir,while typing hand lies on touchpad and by the time cursor is change its direction and its cause too many problems. its very bad to remove disable or off button of touch pad please enable it soon....
  5. How to disable the touchpad?

How to disable the touchpad?: There used to be a Touchpad setting that would disable the Touchpad when a mouse was connected. Now that setting seems to be gone. another case of Microsoft fixing something that isn't broken? Do you know if that is still possible? It's a great feature to have....
  6. How to disable touchpad

How to disable touchpad: Prior to the latest update, I had my touchpad set to disable when it detected a mouse. With the latest update, my touchpad has been re-enabled and I can't find the settings to disable it. Can anyone help?...
  7. How to disable touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable touchpad?: Help me to disable touchpad of my HP laptop.I can't find an option to disable it in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad/3409ede4-c510-4a46-bf39-66015ce14933
  8. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable touchpad: I have a new Lenovo laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to disable the touchpad. I never use it and I'm constantly accidentally brushing my palms on it when I'm typing. Everything I can find online says to go into settings & there's an option to turn it off either under...
  9. How to disable touchpad?

How to disable touchpad?: I am trying to disable my touchpad on my hp loptop. The settings do not give me an option to disable and it is really being a problem for me when I am typing. I tried uninstalling the driver for the touchpad because that was my only option but even that doesn't work. Can...
  10. How to Disable Touchpad

How to Disable Touchpad: Have Windows 10 and an Asus Laptop. I desperately want to disable the touchpad. I prefer a mouse. HELP!! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-disable-touchpad/dcf895d7-6c1f-467c-8f28-14500dbf0544