Windows 10: How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update?

Discus and support How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hallo How do I permanent prevent Windows 10 from rebooting my computer due to updates? OR How do I permanent prevent Windows 10 from restarting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ole Bang, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Ole Bang Win User

How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update?

Hallo

How do I permanent prevent Windows 10 from rebooting my computer due to updates?

OR

How do I permanent prevent Windows 10 from restarting the programs that were running prior to reboot?

BR

:)

Ole Bang, Oct 19, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 19, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 19, 2020
  4. How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update?

1. How to prevent windows 10 from restarting programs after update? - Similar Threads - prevent restarting programs

2. How to prevent windows 10 from closing the unresponsive program/process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows 10 from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  3. Is there a way to prevent windows from restarting no matter what if a specific program is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to prevent windows from restarting no matter what if a specific program is...: Basically, I have software always running on my computer, and if windows decided to reboot or end my session without first notifying me, there is a very high chance that a bunch of data gets corrupted, forcing me to load backups every time and losing a bunch of progress in...
  4. How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?: Hi, I am really sick and tired of Windows 10 automatic reboots for updating. I have been 40 years working with computers, coding, designing apps, maintaining enterprises, engineering solutions based on computers and I think I am old enough to take care of security myself....
  5. How to prevent certain program from auto update

How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  6. How to prevent Windows from updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  7. How to prevent Windows from updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  8. How do I prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates an restarting?

How do I prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates an restarting?: I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates and restarting. If I am out of the office for a few days and out of town, I need my work computer to stay on so I can access it via Gotomypc. When Windows 10 automatically...
  9. How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?: Now that microsoft has removed the ability to force windows 10 to ask to be scheduled and given that "active hours" is a broken concept that doesn't solve any problem, how can I prevent windows from automatically restarting again? Is the only option to turn off windows update...
  10. Prevent Windows 10 Pro from restarting after updating through a GPO.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent Windows 10 Pro from restarting after updating through a GPO.: Hi all, I'm having many issues since our company migrated our few hundred machines over to Windows 10 over the past few months. I put a lot of them down to the teething troubles you experience with any relatively young OS but several are being very problematic and frankly...