Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I prevent Windows 10 from remembering any WiFi passwords? The use case is a shared laptop with a generic login being used on enterprise WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan H[1], Sep 19, 2019.

1. Dan H[1] Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords

How do I prevent Windows 10 from remembering any WiFi passwords? The use case is a shared laptop with a generic login being used on enterprise WiFi that requires authentication based on the users' kerberos login. So everyone logs into Windows with a local account, but connects to WiFi with their personal ID (if they need internet).

I want it to always ask for WiFi credentials when they connect, rather than remembering it, whether they want save it or not. Asking them to just not check the "remember login" box is not an option - they will eventually do it anyway.

I know there's a way to do it, because I found the answer a few years ago. But now I can't find it again.

:)

Dan H[1], Sep 19, 2019
  2. Ady_Smith Win User

windows 10 not saving wifi password

I've tried both the fixes listed and still cannot get windows 10 to save my WiFi password

Ady_Smith, Sep 19, 2019
  3. BRYNLENOX Win User
    Cannot Save WIFI Password

go to settings>network & internet>manage wifi connections>click your router>hit forget...then right click on wireless icon>open network>set up new connection or network>manually connect to wireless>put in your wireless name tab to password > check save this...it worked for me after all the other suggestions failed.hope it helps you.

BRYNLENOX, Sep 19, 2019
  4. MMAAA Win User

wifi anti hacker for windows 10

hi,
    is anybody can penetrates my wifi point via windows 10? how to prevent that?

MMAAA, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords - Similar Threads - prevent saving WiFi

2. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove saved passwords from windows?: Some how I managed to put my banking passwords on to an autofil type app. I want to remove them. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-saved-passwords-from-windows/a2a8b63d-510e-43db-829c-3fda214bfddb
  3. How to prevent Windows from automatically reconfiguring saved network from 'private' to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows from automatically reconfiguring saved network from 'private' to...: I have a saved personal WiFi network, my mobile phone hotspot. Each time I connect my computer to the network, Windows resets the network's profile to 'public', afterwhich I have to log in as admin and change the profile back to 'private'. This never used to happen with my...
  4. How to prevent Windows from automatically reconfiguring saved network from 'private' to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows from automatically reconfiguring saved network from 'private' to...: I have a saved personal WiFi network, my mobile phone hotspot. Each time I connect my computer to the network, Windows resets the network's profile to 'public', afterwhich I have to log in as admin and change the profile back to 'private'. This never used to happen with my...
  5. How to prevent Windows from automatically reconfiguring saved network from 'private' to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to change wifi password in Windows 10

How to change wifi password in Windows 10: Seems that many people wonder how to do this and no simple answer exists..Just click the internet access icon on the right at the bottom bar.Click the connection you want to change the password for.Unhook "connect automatically".Then when you click "connect...
  7. Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting Wifi.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting Wifi.: I have HP Pavilion eg-0104tx with windows 10. Whenever my Laptop goes to sleep automatically or manually, my laptop disconnects wifi connection. once I start the laptop again, it connects to wifi again. I have tried to find the power options but to no avail. I have also...
  8. How do i delete saved passwords from Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i delete saved passwords from Windows 10.: Account passwords have been stored on my Desktop and I wish delete the stored passwords and prevent passwords automatically being stored in the future. How do I do this?....
  9. Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi

Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi: My WiFi Automatically Disconnects from from the network every time under the following circumstances: - WiFi Network has no Internet Connection - Ethernet with Internet Connection is plugged in - 3G/4G Dongle is Connected - 3G/4G Mobile Hostspot RNDIS Device is...
  10. Cannot Save WIFI Password

Cannot Save WIFI Password: Every time I restart my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I have to enter the password for my WIFI network. I cannot find anyplace to save the password. The network is set to connect automatically.*Mad 18526