Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I observed that Windows 10 uses SSD partition for it's own - probably Windows Update - files.I do not wanna it to use the disk because TBW goes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kratex, May 20, 2023.

1. kratex Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files

I observed that Windows 10 uses SSD partition for it's own - probably Windows Update - files.I do not wanna it to use the disk because TBW goes up without even actually using disk.There are directories directly in root of partition with random letters and numbers around 25 characters in length.Their sizes are from 700MB to 1,7GB.Inside them are directories named by number, counted from 1025 to 3082 and some large files like "Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x64.msu".Directories with numbers contain files like eula.rtf + .xml + .dll.My question is how to prevent or change partition the Windows Upd

:)

kratex, May 20, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2023
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 20, 2023
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files

Disabled SSD now prevents any type of boot to Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you using the inbuilt ssd or external ssd?
    I suggest you to boot in to the bios and check were exactly the Windows id located for this I suggest you to check the manufacturers guide or contact the manufacturer for getting into bios. and please do let us know with the results.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that
    may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2023
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files

1. How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files - Similar Threads - prevent using SSD

2. ARRGHHH prevent windows 10 from rebooting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ARRGHHH prevent windows 10 from rebooting on its own: Ok this time I have enough.Microsoft finds it totally normal to reboot my PC behind my back and ruin my work. First - wth is wrong with them? How cany anyone think it's a good idea to intrude people's privacy and mess with their tools?Secondly - HOW DO I STOP THAT? I just...
  3. ARRGHHH prevent windows 10 from rebooting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARRGHHH prevent windows 10 from rebooting on its own: Ok this time I have enough.Microsoft finds it totally normal to reboot my PC behind my back and ruin my work. First - wth is wrong with them? How cany anyone think it's a good idea to intrude people's privacy and mess with their tools?Secondly - HOW DO I STOP THAT? I just...
  4. ARRGHHH prevent windows 10 from rebooting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files: I observed that Windows 10 uses SSD partition for it's own - probably Windows Update - files.I do not wanna it to use the disk because TBW goes up without even actually using disk.System is installed on separate disk - HDD.There are directories directly in root of partition...
  6. How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 10 from using SSD for it's own files: I observed that Windows 10 uses SSD partition for it's own - probably Windows Update - files.I do not wanna it to use the disk because TBW goes up without even actually using disk.There are directories directly in root of partition with random letters and numbers around 25...
  7. Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Security & Recovery Prevention From a Windows 10 SSD: Hi Guys, I'll try to be as brief as possible. Previous Setting: Device: Dell Vostro 3550 OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Storage: HDD Data Recovery Prevention: File Shredder programme. [ATTACH] . [ATTACH] Current Setting: Device: Dell Vostro 3550 OS: Windows 10 Pro...
  8. How to prevent from Installing BIOS update on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent from Installing BIOS update on its own?: I have a Zephyrus S and apparently the latest BIOS has been pushed through a windows update...Everytime I try to downgrade windows 10 reboots and keeps updating the BIOS firmware How do I prevent this from happening? Thanks. submitted by /u/Waitwhathefuck [link]...
  9. How to prevent windows from using my bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent windows from using my bandwidth?: Windows seems to be using my connection constantly for updates/telemetry or something else. Already did those: I checked windows update and it says i already have lastest updates installed. Already set a metered connection Disabled telemetry services Set group policy to...
  10. Windows 10 file caching - how to prevent it!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file caching - how to prevent it!!!!: Hi, I assume that my windows version number is Windows 10 and not the Windows build number..... I am just transferring stuff from my Windows 7 laptop to my new windows 10 desktop. I have a batch file that automatically selects various directories before running a base...