Windows 10: How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1

Discus and support How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 8.1 Pro workstation that I do all my work on. The company I work with says they will not support Windows 10. As far as I remember,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IsaacFL, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1

I have a Windows 8.1 Pro workstation that I do all my work on. The company I work with says they will not support Windows 10.

As far as I remember, I never asked to have this machine to upgrade to 10, but I noticed in the Action Center - Reliability history that starting on Aug 2 it has a warning that it Failed to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro everyday.

------------
    Description
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80240020: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    ------------

How do I make it stop trying to update? I did upgrade a laptop. Is it tied to my MS User Account some how?

:)

IsaacFL, Aug 6, 2015

2. Problems in upgrading to Windows 10

Hi folks; I am trying to install Windows 10, upgrading form Windows 8.1. When running the installation process, get the error OxC1800103Ox9002, what prevents me to move forward. Any clue how to resolve this? Tks

ClaudioCordeiro, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1

1. How to prevent windows 10 installing on windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - prevent installing

2. Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll: I cant install new tools for visual studio right now and I can't compile a dll I am working on. My folders even new ones that I create continue to display a read only attribute that I have never once seen applied to my folders in 30 years of using windows. I'm no programmer...
  3. Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll: I cant install new tools for visual studio right now and I can't compile a dll I am working on. My folders even new ones that I create continue to display a read only attribute that I have never once seen applied to my folders in 30 years of using windows. I'm no programmer...
  4. How do I prevent/stop the game app from installing on my laptop with me as a guest when I'm...

How do I prevent/stop the game app from installing on my laptop with me as a guest when I'm...: I'm the administrator on my laptop. There are no other users on my laptop. I have Windows 11 on my laptop. I installed the Microsoft Sudoku game from the Microsoft Store. When I open it to play it, it installs with me as a guest when I am not a guest. I have uninstalled the...
  5. How do I prevent/stop the game app from installing on my laptop with me as a guest when I'm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent/stop the game app from installing on my laptop with me as a guest when I'm...: I'm the administrator on my laptop. There are no other users on my laptop. I have Windows 11 on my laptop. I installed the Microsoft Sudoku game from the Microsoft Store. When I open it to play it, it installs with me as a guest when I am not a guest. I have uninstalled the...
  6. Windows 10 updater is broken and is preventing me from installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 updater is broken and is preventing me from installing windows updates: for a while now I have noticed the place in settings where you go to update windows has been nonfunctional and is now preventing me from using certain programs I need on my PC because they won't operate unless the newest version of windows is installed i have attached an...
  7. Windows 10 updater is broken and is preventing me from installing windows updates

Windows 10 updater is broken and is preventing me from installing windows updates: for a while now I have noticed the place in settings where you go to update windows has been nonfunctional and is now preventing me from using certain programs I need on my PC because they won't operate unless the newest version of windows is installed i have attached an...
  8. Windows 10 updater is broken and is preventing me from installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. what has microsoft done or installed that is preventing me to view pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what has microsoft done or installed that is preventing me to view pictures: what has microsoft done or installed that is preventing me to view pictures. I useto be able to click on pictures / photos andthey all would be avalable to view. Now all I get is a white screen that is blank titled all photos. If somebody is going to make changes the...
  10. what has microsoft done or installed that is preventing me to view pictures

what has microsoft done or installed that is preventing me to view pictures: what has microsoft done or installed that is preventing me to view pictures. I useto be able to click on pictures / photos andthey all would be avalable to view. Now all I get is a white screen that is blank titled all photos. If somebody is going to make changes the...