Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and...

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from automatically Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Windows Media Libraries and automatically shooting them to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesAndersonJr, Dec 3, 2020.

1. How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and...

How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from automatically Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Windows Media Libraries and automatically shooting them to the cloud upon every Windows 10 update without my permission?

Micro*hit is getting way too aggressive in pushing the use of its software! Now every time I update Windows 10, it prompts a Welcome dialog that automatically kidnaps ALL the files on my Desktop, and in Pictures, and Documents folders and shoots them to the cloud without my explicit permission.

:)

JamesAndersonJr, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and...

1. How to prevent Windows 10 OneDrive from Kidnaping my entire Desktop and Media Libraries and... - Similar Threads - prevent OneDrive Kidnaping

2. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  3. Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop?: Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop? Is Windows 11 like this too? Who thought this was a good idea? Why do all my folders disappear when I try to turn it off? Why can't I turn it back on?...
  4. Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop?

Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop?: Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop? Is Windows 11 like this too? Who thought this was a good idea? Why do all my folders disappear when I try to turn it off? Why can't I turn it back on?...
  5. Why is OneDrive trying to sync my entire desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder: I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even deleted the OneDrive folder. But with Windows update and even when I run SFC /SCANNOW, the OneDrive folder magically...
  7. My media libraries?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My media libraries?: I am an enthusiastic user of the Win10 app "My Media Libraries" and wanted to ask if anyone has any idea how long films are available there for viewing? Longer than in the media libraries of the stations on their homepages? THANK YOU!...
  8. Why is OneDrive kidnapping my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is OneDrive kidnapping my files?: Basically, I want to use my personal OneDrive as a means to transfer files between my laptop and PC - e.g. if I want to move a document from my laptop to my PC, I would drop it into the OneDrive and access this from my PC. Alternatively, I would use it to back up any...
  9. How to Share Media Libraries in Windows 10?

How to Share Media Libraries in Windows 10?: I have four Windows 10 Machines, (Surface 3, two HP laptops, and HP z840 workstation). My workstation has provided access to "Music" library sometime in the past (probably Windows 7) and later in HomeGroup until it was removed from the OS. That "Library" is still accessible...
  10. flummoxed - OneDrive kidnapped document folder

in Windows 10 Support
    flummoxed - OneDrive kidnapped document folder: If your Documents folder exists in your "C:\Users\<username>" folder, then you might see if using step 5 in Option Three in the tutorial below may be able to restore the "Documents" folder in "This PC". *Arrow Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 Windows 10...