Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I searched for this issue but was unable to find any posted enquiry. I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit laptop that keeps changing the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rambojc, Jan 31, 2020.

1. rambojc Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...

Hello everyone,

I searched for this issue but was unable to find any posted enquiry. I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit laptop that keeps changing the 'Require sign-in' option from 'When PC wakes up from sleep' to 'Never'. This is a constant concern for me because since this is a laptop I often use it in public places so I may need to engage the laptop to sleep or hibernate while being away. Sometimes, unbeknownst to me, the laptop can wake up and log into Windows without the necessary password, i.e., anyone can access the laptop from sleep/hibernation simply by pushing the power button. I would have to literally reset the 'Require sign-in' to 'When PC wakes up from sleep' in order to maintain security.

I searched the internet for this issue, but have not across anyone having same issues. I would greatly appreciate any sharing of information to I can keep my Windows properly locked up.

Thank you.

:)

rambojc, Jan 31, 2020

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit to 32-Bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the name of the game?
    If the system architect is 32 bit, then you can’t install 64 bit version of windows in it. I suggest you to run “winver” by pressing Windows + R, and check the version and bit.

There are some games that you can install it in 32 bit as well.

Windows 10 is the free upgrade for those users who has genuine key for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 , normally it doesn't require activation, it's gets activated automatically, in case if you face an issue with activation the you can get back to
    us.

For reference you can refer the link below and check if it helps (32 bit and 64 bit architect applies same to windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2020
  4. EddyChoy Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...

Downloaded a Windows 10 pro 64 bit but turn to a 32 bit Windows 10, Why?

My Window 10 pro 64 bit was upgraded from Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

But I would like to clean re-install the Windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new SSD drive.

After I downloaded iso file from Microsoft and try set up to date.

Despite sovled the problem of a bug of Multiprocessor_configuration_not _supported problem. And installed the Windows 10 using quick install option.

The Windows turn to a 32 bit Windows 10 and not a pro version.

What did i missed in the steps?

And how can I fix this problem?

EddyChoy, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the... - Similar Threads - prevent Pro bit

2. How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?: I chose the 32 bit instead of 64 bit. I want to change to the 64 bit,I downloaded and made a media disc to install windows 10 it will not install....
  3. How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?: I chose the 32 bit instead of 64 bit. I want to change to the 64 bit,I downloaded and made a media disc to install windows 10 it will not install....
  4. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in: probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?...
  5. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in: I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me: "Windows Hello...
  6. "Windows 64-bit Is Required"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows 64-bit Is Required": Whenever I try to download a application that requires 64-bit Windows, A message pops up after it is all done downloading saying that "windows 64-bit is required". I checked many of times to see if my system is windows 64-bit, and it is a 64-bit system. What do I do?...
  7. "Windows 64-bit Required"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows 64-bit Required": Whenever I try to download a application that requires 64-bit Windows, A message pops up after it is all done downloading saying that "windows 64-bit is required". I checked many of times to see if my system is windows 64-bit, and it is a 64-bit system. What do I do?...
  8. How to upgrade from windows 10 pro 32 bit to 64 bit?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from windows 10 pro 32 bit to 64 bit?????: My desktop has 32 bit windows 10 pro OS installed..... I wish to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS.... Because, my desktop has 6 GB ram.... Also, I need all my personal files..... What does the linked picture mean???? Can I keep all my personal files...
  9. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?: I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used. I am satisfied with the password option...
  10. Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit, how to...

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit, how to...: Good evening folks, I inadvertantly installed win 7 32 bit on having to reinstall Windows a few weeks back, without realising (Yes, I know...!), and have since upgraded to Windows 10 (32 bit). Some of my programs will work better under 64 bit. Once I've moved everything...