Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 11, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

WinClub, Oct 11, 2020
  2. gjmollo Win User

Prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

All the replies refer to Windows 8 or earlier.

Windows 10 (laptop is plugged in) and sleep mode for display is set for 2 hours yet screen turns off after 1 minute of non use. I have attempted to change various power settings without success. Windows 10 does not seem to have the Console Lock function
    in Control Power, Advanced Options as all the answers suggest to change.

Any suggestions -- this is extremely annoying.....

Thanks

gjmollo, Oct 11, 2020
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 11, 2020
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

Screen Does Not Turn On After "Turn Off Display "

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when the display drivers gets outdated. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to update the display driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Look for display driver, right-click and then click
      Update.
    • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

1. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off - Similar Threads - prevent screen display

2. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  3. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  4. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  6. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  7. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Preventing display from showing up while turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing display from showing up while turned off: Hey guys, I recently bought myself a Projector that currently acts as a third display for my PC. My question is if there is any way for me to prevent the projector from showing up as a third monitor while it is turned off since I don't want to bother with looking for windows...
  9. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  10. Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off: Hello Community, I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any other game distributing platform). My PC decides to go to sleep, or any other form of shut down (monitor goes black, PC does not...