Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I did a Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1803 this was not here. After doing a update to Windows 10 Pro 1809 (Oct. Update) now I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ttim03, Oct 3, 2018.

1. ttim03 Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ?

How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ? 90444714-9972-42ae-9445-01c999a69ac8?upload=true.png

When I did a Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1803 this was not here.

After doing a update to Windows 10 Pro 1809 (Oct. Update) now I have this extra Recovery partition on my main Windows SSD drive.

I would prefer not to have to start over again with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1809 (Oct. Update) to prevent this.

:)

ttim03, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

For awhile I had been wondering how to create a recovery partition to reinstall windows without the need do find my thumb drive or disk, or hell burn another. With that in mind i figured others would also like to know. Therefor I have created this Video (720P processing of vid can take upto 30min from orig post date stamp, quality will improve) and thread on how to create a BASIC recovery partition to install/repair a windows installation using a new or existing hard drive. Without the need to buy software.

Creating a recovery Partition

Creating and restoring from a current image​

[yt]3iZHR2q7T-8[/yt]​
    Feel free to sticky if you find it appropriate.

Solaris17, Oct 3, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ?

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ? partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 10 Updates from creating a Recovery partition after update ? - Similar Threads - prevent Updates creating

2. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  3. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  4. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions": How do I turn off "Protected Partitions" so that Windows 10 will NEVER create one again?I do not need to know how to delete or recover Protected Partitions. I just need to know how to prevent them....
  6. Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions": How do I turn off "Protected Partitions" so that Windows 10 will NEVER create one again?I do not need to know how to delete or recover Protected Partitions. I just need to know how to prevent them....
  7. Prevent Windows from creating "Protected Partitions"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to create Windows 10 recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create Windows 10 recovery partition: Hi all, I have a question in regards to windows recovery. My lenovo y50-70 laptop (currently using) came with their recover software Onekey (which has since been bought out and not supported). Because I also have Ubuntu and MacOS installed on this same machine (and so had to...
  9. How to create Recovery partition back??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create Recovery partition back??: In the image, the green boxed partition was my recovery partition but it showed up magically didn't want it to. So posted about that in the community, and someone from the MS community said to use this website to troubleshoot, so I went to the website according to the method...
  10. Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition changes after update (Anniversary Update): After updated windows, I found that the recovery partition divided into 2 parts and 1 weird partition. How can I deal with this? Cause this looks not normal at all. [img] 58801

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent windows 10 from creating partitions

2. how to prevent windows from creating recovery partition

3. prevent windows 10 from creating partition on other drive

4. update windows without creating recovery partition,
  5. how to avoid windows 10 creating recovery partition