Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 10 updates? It breaks my sound output

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 10 updates? It breaks my sound output in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299] I don't remember in what year it was actual but I guess about 2017. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tomasm21, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Tomasm21 Win User

How to prevent Windows 10 updates? It breaks my sound output

Hello.
    I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299]
    I don't remember in what year it was actual but I guess about 2017.

Since that time I always revert windows updates back or find information on the internet about pausing such updates.

But as I browse my PC settings Windows updates somehow reactivates and try to update again. Now Windows is asking again to update but I'm always pressing button "Not now". I'm afraid that on the system restart or shut down it will update.

The reason why I want to prevent it is because after the update all my sounds doesn't work properly. When I'm watching movies on VLC media player or listening to music on Winamp or playing games the sound keeps cracking or chapping. Imagine that I'm listening to music on winamp and music track is about 5 mins. During those 5 mins the sound breaks up about 4-5 times. Sound halts for about 1-3 seconds and then continues.
    I don't know the reason for this.

I have Realtek High Definition Audio
    with its driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.7727, 4,56 MB (4 779 776 bytes), 2016-06-09 18:43)
    Along with windows OS I'm using one more program to alter sound effects - Realtek HD Audio Manager from GIGABYTE:
    Audio Driver version: 6.0.1.7727
    Audio Controller: HD AudioAudio
    Codec: ALC8888/ALC887

I'm using it because of sound effects - Equalizer. I increase lower and highest sound wave frequencies to get desirable sound waves.

Maybe somehow after windows update programs or drivers interfere with each other and silence audio output? Though I do not experience decrease in sound volume. Sound just stops for 3 secs and then continues.

Most ineresting thing is that when I'm recording my desktop activity with sound capture using GeForce Experience Shadowplay then on recorded video file there is no any sound silence. Everything plays smoothly in the recorded video.

I don't know what is wrong but because of this sound silence I have beed reverting back to earlier windows versions for 3 years already.

Help me to find out and solve the problem.
    Should I uninstal the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" with its extra drivers or keep reverting?
    Maybe I should just stop Windows 10 updates permanently? But how?

:)

Tomasm21, Jan 10, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 10, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 10 updates? It breaks my sound output - Similar Threads - prevent updates breaks

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. How to separate sound outputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to separate sound outputs: Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to make Spotify play through my speakers, and then have games, youtube and such run through my headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-separate-sound-outputs/2048584f-2aac-47c4-8f7d-d670ff2b48c6
  5. How to separate sound outputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to separate sound outputs: Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to make Spotify play through my speakers, and then have games, youtube and such run through my headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-separate-sound-outputs/2048584f-2aac-47c4-8f7d-d670ff2b48c6
  6. How to analyse output sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to analyse output sound?: I'm trying to adjust viper4windows for watching movies and streams. Is there a way to see the output signal in a spectral analyser? Does someone know a specific application for it? Or how to root the output signal to input, so I can analyse it with one of the million freeware...
  7. Windows update breaking PC sound and performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update breaking PC sound and performance: Hello, it's 1 month already since a i am facing this problem. Windows update will install an update and after this the sound will stop working, also, this has happen while playing games and this update will kill the performance of the game. 1. is there a way to get the list...
  8. No sound output after updating Windows 10? Help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound output after updating Windows 10? Help!!: Updated my Windows a few weeks ago and since then I've been getting no sound output from my speakers icon in the bottom bar has a red X over it. When I run the troubleshooter it tells me that the Realtek High Definition Audio driver has a problem, and then says that it's...
  9. Updating Windows without Sounds Breaking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Windows without Sounds Breaking: I have been unable to update windows for a month or two now because every time I do, my sounds get all messed up, where some sounds are far too loud and others are far too low. Sometimes certain sounds can be loud while others are too low in the same program/game/etc. Turning...
  10. Windows 10 laptop - VGA output breaks image

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 laptop - VGA output breaks image: Hey, I have a work-related problem with 2 customers laptops. Both are HP and the models will be checked out since i dont have them yet in known. When connected to videoprojector via VGA, the image is really dark and sorta "exploded", via HDMI its working flawless. Is there...