Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I'm using Windows normally, it suddenly slows down, CPU usages increasing, noisy FAN and everything starts sluggish, lagging. That means the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WalkerBD, Feb 6, 2022.

1. WalkerBD Win User

How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages?

When I'm using Windows normally, it suddenly slows down, CPU usages increasing, noisy FAN and everything starts sluggish, lagging. That means the system is installing upgrade packages without any permission in the background!!!How to prevent that stupid function???I want to decide when it downloads & install updates.Stupid "feature"!

:)

WalkerBD, Feb 6, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 6, 2022
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 6, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages? - Similar Threads - prevent auto installs

2. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  3. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  4. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 auto installs update packages?: When I'm using Windows normally, it suddenly slows down, CPU usages increasing, noisy FAN and everything starts sluggish, lagging. That means the system is installing upgrade packages without any permission in the background!!!How to prevent that stupid function???I want to...
  6. Cannot update windows Infineon TPM Professional Package preventing install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update windows Infineon TPM Professional Package preventing install: For the last few months I have tried to update my windows past 1909, but Infineon TPM Professional package is preventing windows from updating. I uninstalled it a few months ago, but it still wont install the update. I'm not the techiest person but I've tried darn near...
  7. Cannot update windows Infineon TPM Professional Package preventing install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update windows Infineon TPM Professional Package preventing install: For the last few months I have tried to update my windows past 1909, but Infineon TPM Professional package is preventing windows from updating. I uninstalled it a few months ago, but it still wont install the update. I'm not the techiest person but I've tried darn near...
  8. Preventing Windows Store Auto-Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Preventing Windows Store Auto-Install: Is there any way to prevent Windows Store from auto-installing programs I removed? It keeps adding back Office I use LibreOffice, McAfee no thank you, Booking.com nope and WildTangent Games UWP every time I uninstall them. I don't want the bloatware....
  9. Preventing Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Preventing Auto Updates: I'm having startup issues with a Windows 10 Build: Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 1511 KB3192444. (I hope I copied it correctly). Before this update is installed the problem doesn't exist, after it's installed it does. I posted this issue here but have not gotten...
  10. Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update: Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.' On a separate occasion, AVG performs an auto update and basically says the same thing:...