Windows 10: How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update

Discus and support How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi community,on my Windows 11 laptop I approved a BIOS update via Windows Update. This BIOS update has some issues in my IT environment, so I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CptStarfighter, Dec 28, 2022.

1. How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update

Hi community,on my Windows 11 laptop I approved a BIOS update via Windows Update. This BIOS update has some issues in my IT environment, so I would like to decline it and downgrade. The downgrade works, but everytime I start, Windows updates the BIOS again after restart.The standard Group Policy hint to deactivate driver updates or updates at all does not work, because it has already been approved and those settings seem to work only for new updates. There is no checkbox to clear like for other Windows Updates in the installed Windows Update-part of the system configuration.So, how can I decli

:)

CptStarfighter, Dec 28, 2022

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Dec 28, 2022
  3. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Dec 28, 2022
  4. How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update

BIOS update

i have momo GA-945PL-S3P(rev. 6.6) BIOS version (f4)
    when i look in gigabyte website i found f5,f6,f7,f8 BIOS versions for my momo.
    do i need to update my BIOS version ?
    if i have to update, shall i install the last one (f8 ) or install each one ?
    is it risky to update my BIOS version because i have no experience in bois update , is there easy step to update my bois?

lover_pharaoh2002, Dec 28, 2022
Thema:

How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update

1. How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update - Similar Threads - prevent updating approved

2. How to prevent Windows 11 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows 11 update?: I have Windows 10 and every so often my computer prompts me to install 11. I need 10 for my job because 11 doesn't allow you to upload backend metadata to photos. Is there any other way to prevent this besides the "pause updates for 7 days" option? If not, I can keep pausing....
  3. How to prevent Windows 11 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent Windows 11 update?: I have Windows 10 and every so often my computer prompts me to install 11. I need 10 for my job because 11 doesn't allow you to upload backend metadata to photos. Is there any other way to prevent this besides the "pause updates for 7 days" option? If not, I can keep pausing....
  4. How to prevent Windows 11 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update

How to prevent Windows 11 from updating an approved BIOS update: Hi community,on my Windows 11 laptop I approved a BIOS update via Windows Update. This BIOS update has some issues in my IT environment, so I would like to decline it and downgrade. The downgrade works, but everytime I start, Windows updates the BIOS again after restart.The...
  6. How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update

How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update: Hi,I am currently on Windows 10 and am keen to stay then upgrade to Windows 11 in another year or two so that main bugs are ironed out. To do this I have kept my AMD motherboard fTPM disabled. Unfortunately, after a recent BIOS update, TPM was set to enable, resulting in a...
  7. How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update: Hi,I am currently on Windows 10 and am keen to stay then upgrade to Windows 11 in another year or two so that main bugs are ironed out. To do this I have kept my AMD motherboard fTPM disabled. Unfortunately, after a recent BIOS update, TPM was set to enable, resulting in a...
  8. How to prevent from Installing BIOS update on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent from Installing BIOS update on its own?: I have a Zephyrus S and apparently the latest BIOS has been pushed through a windows update...Everytime I try to downgrade windows 10 reboots and keeps updating the BIOS firmware How do I prevent this from happening? Thanks. submitted by /u/Waitwhathefuck [link]...
  9. How to prevent Windows from updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  10. How to prevent Windows from updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....