Windows 10: How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop PC has two OSes, a copy of Windows 10 as well as a copy of MacOS Mojave installed via CloverEFI Bootloader for purposes like syncing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by everwishersong, Dec 14, 2018.

1. How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence?

My desktop PC has two OSes, a copy of Windows 10 as well as a copy of MacOS Mojave installed via CloverEFI Bootloader for purposes like syncing the works with my MacBook Pro and iMac. Booting into UEFI Shell, I created a boot entry of CloverEFI and deleted the rest because Clover is able to scan the ESP for all existent boot entries. I simply need Clover to take over management of booting. But every time I boot into Windows 10, it always adds Windows Boot Manager to UEFI and sets it primary in the boot sequence, which is done WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION. This is quite unacceptable!

Is there a way to prevent Windows from doing this shame? Btw, for my case Windows 10 was installed in a VHDX drive and is used via a differencing drive from it. So it is not possible to simply place bootmgfw.efi with CloverX64.efi which is incapable of loading a VHDX drive to start from.

:)

everwishersong, Dec 14, 2018

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Dec 14, 2018
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence? [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Dec 14, 2018
  4. How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence?

Changing the boot sequence on W 10

I am running a Dell computer which I upgraded from VISTA to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10. I would like to change the boot sequence. On booting there are a couple notes at the right bottom of the screen indicating "Press F2 to change settings" or
    "F12 to change boot sequence". Neither of these work. Is there another way to get into BIOS to change the boot sequence?

BobWilburn, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence?

1. How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence? - Similar Threads - prevent changing UEFI

2. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  3. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  4. How to change boot order from legacy to Uefi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change boot order from legacy to Uefi: I recently unistalled the operating system so I installed windows 10 on legacy boot even tough my device support uefi can I change back to uefi boot after installing Windows 10 up to windows 11 and will I lose my data?...
  5. How to change boot order from legacy to Uefi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change boot order from legacy to Uefi: I recently unistalled the operating system so I installed windows 10 on legacy boot even tough my device support uefi can I change back to uefi boot after installing Windows 10 up to windows 11 and will I lose my data?...
  6. How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?: Processor: IntelR CoreCfM i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz; Motherboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA X58A-UD5In the POST display, it says 'Press DEL for BIOS' and 'Press F12 for Boot Sequence'. Pressing DEL, as also pressing F12, gets ignored; StartUp options can be triggered by...
  7. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  8. How to change the boot sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the boot sequence: How do I change the boot sequence on W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-boot-sequence/b7db8bbf-4914-4af3-8331-e26314d38669"
  9. boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it: i have dell 15R 5520 laptop with windows 10. Day before yesterday when i started my laptop it showed pxe over ipv4 and pxe over ipv6 during boot. I pressed esc from it and my pc started i checked my boot order and found it was changed and now windows boot manager is listed at...
  10. How to change boot sequence to usb to boot to fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change boot sequence to usb to boot to fresh copy of Windows 10: Good day everyone! I hope you can help me with this newbie question. My Dell laptop has been nothing but a pain since day 1. I want to remove any possibility of this being a hardware problem by doing a fresh install with a downloaded copy of Win 10 from Microsoft, using a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update changing uefi boot order after update

2. stop windows changing uefi boot order

3. stop lenovo laptop changing to uefi boot

4. bios prevent windows from changing,
  5. prevent windows changing uefi boot order