Windows 10: how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd?

Discus and support how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; via hdmi to a laptop, the lcd is on standby, win + p selecting one screen works for about 10 seconds, then it refreshes and enables the 2nd again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aNomadicNut, Jun 15, 2020.

1. how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd?

via hdmi to a laptop, the lcd is on standby, win + p selecting one screen works for about 10 seconds, then it refreshes and enables the 2nd again, tried multimonitor tool from nirsofer and it does the same thing.

cursor still can move to this lcd while it's in standby mode, windows think's its still on. any way to force disable it while it's in standby?

submitted by /u/aNomadicNut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aNomadicNut, Jun 15, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 15, 2020
  3. LCDS

Hi,

Your question is outside the scope of this Community.

Create online courses and Silverlight Learning Snacks with ... - Microsoft

The Microsoft Learning Content Development System (LCDS) is a free tool that enables the Microsoft training and certification community to create high-quality, interactive, online courses and
    Microsoft Silverlight Learning Snacks. The LCDS allows anyone in the Microsoft training and certification community to publish ...

Thank You for Registering for the LCDS - Microsoft

Just one more step to complete your download! Thank you for registering for the
    Microsoft Learning Content Development System (LCDS). Learn more in the "

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 15, 2020
  4. how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd?

LCD won't turn off completely

I upgraded today to win10 on two laptops, A Dell Latitude E6420 and an E6520. Now the backlight stays on forever when LCD is turned off by Windows timeout or by "Turn Off LCD" program, even though the LCD goes blank.

The LCD brightness controls have no effect either - both laptops are always on maximum brightness.

It didn't do that with any version of WIN10 Technical Preview, or with Win7.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Rogerburchett, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd?

1. how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd? - Similar Threads - prevent constantly enabling

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  4. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. how to enable window defender as it is turned off ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to enable window defender as it is turned off ?: how to enable window defender as it is turned off ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-enable-window-defender-as-it-is-turned-off/f19739cd-dd41-446c-95ec-627be8f62aa6
  7. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  8. Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off: Hello Community, I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any other game distributing platform). My PC decides to go to sleep, or any other form of shut down (monitor goes black, PC does not...
  9. How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?: We have a laptop that has a bad touchscreen. The rest of the machine is fine but the touchscreen takes over the system. When we disable it, the user is able to work on the system just fine. But if they log off or reboot (or Microsoft does one of those forced updates we can't...
  10. How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself: I normally keep defrag/optimization set on a schedule for my internal hard drives - one SSD, one standard. I have the other drives disabled under 'choose drives' and I've also disabled 'defrag new drives automatically'. However, a few times a year I'll see my other drives...