Windows 10: How to prevent windows from download sound drivers..

Discus and support How to prevent windows from download sound drivers.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey. So to began. I just installed a fresh windows 10 pro and I was listening to music in edge. My headphones are an Alienware 7.1 sound something. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/d0minikd, Apr 13, 2021.

1. How to prevent windows from download sound drivers..

Hey. So to began. I just installed a fresh windows 10 pro and I was listening to music in edge. My headphones are an Alienware 7.1 sound something. And the sound was just grate. I turned on updates in the background and it download something called dell Alienware dac control and in the second it installed the clear good sound changed to something that just made my ears bleed. The sound quality just broke. But if I try to Uninstall that software it downloaded. Windows update just downloads it again.. How can I block this to be downloaded?.. Like the default audio driver that handles the USB audio sound is perfect for me.

submitted by /u/d0minikd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/d0minikd, Apr 13, 2021

2. Downloaded windows 10 and no sound or sounddriver.

Hi Rik,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to update the Sound drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Sound drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
      uninstall
      and re-install the Sound drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:
    • Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 13, 2021
  4. How to prevent windows from download sound drivers..

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

How to prevent windows from download sound drivers..

1. How to prevent windows from download sound drivers.. - Similar Threads - prevent download sound

2. How to prevent updates from downloading automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent updates from downloading automatically: Once again, MS takes choices away from its customers. How can I set Updates to notify me, but NOT download automatically? I use the Standalone Installer. We don't all want to hand total control to the programmers at MS, nor to allow whatever vendor files the vendor feels like...
  3. How to prevent updates from downloading automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent updates from downloading automatically: Once again, MS takes choices away from its customers. How can I set Updates to notify me, but NOT download automatically? I use the Standalone Installer. We don't all want to hand total control to the programmers at MS, nor to allow whatever vendor files the vendor feels like...
  4. How to Prevent Windows 10 Automatic Driver Downloading and Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Prevent Windows 10 Automatic Driver Downloading and Installation: I have over 15 years experience with Windows. I have observed every single solution on google, every solution on Microsoft's Help, and every possible solution I can think of.Yes, I have gone to System, Advanced System Settings -> Hardware Tab -> Device Installation Settings...
  5. How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge: At times, you might not want to allow other users to download files on your computer. If you are using the Microsoft Edge browser, things are relatively straightforward. Here is how to prevent users from downloading files in the Edge browser. You can set the filter for...
  6. How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors?: Yes, I went to the control panel, advanced system settings and in hardware I've disabled the automatic device installation. I've then went to device manager and uninstalled the monitor audio driver/device. I've then restarted the PC and guess what? The cheeky fucker installed...
  7. How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hello all, I’ve been trying to tackle this issue all day and it’s starting to drive me mad. I was troubleshooting something else on my system and I realized that I have a piece of hardware that has never been installed correctly. This is the device I’m trying I’m trying to...
  8. Prevent Windows from reinstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent Windows from reinstalling drivers: Hello, I am trying to prevent windows from reinstalling my old wifi drivers after I uninstall it. However, after every reboot it keeps coming back. Can you tell me how to disable it completely? I am using windows 10 home. Thank you....
  9. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...
  10. How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?: Hello, In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports. It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and...